Is LightBurn File Format (lbrn2) documented or open sourced?

As a software developer, I would like to know if the LightBurn file format (lbrn2) is documented or in any way open source? I have written a couple of vector-generating programs that output SVG files, but I would like to be able to generate them in native LightBurn format. Among other SVS conversion issues, bitmap images and lettered text rarely come out correct when converting SVG to other formats. Thank you!

1 Like

It’s not documented, but it’s not horrible to read. LBRN is simpler - LBRN2 was written to be more compact, and as such, it’s less readable. LBRN was written to be human readable so that people would be able to hack / create them. It’s just XML, and most of it should be easy enough to work out by saving a couple of examples.

The xform will probably require explanation, but have a look through an LBRN file or two, and report back if you don’t understand what something is and we can fill in the blanks for you.

1 Like

@magesteve If you hadn’t already found these topics they’re worth a read as it covers some implementation discussion.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.