K50 fires too late and ends too early while engraving

Dear all,

I’ve an issue with our K50 laser (classical 50W CO2 with Ruida controller RDC6442 S-B (EC) and MYJG50W power supply):

when engraving (fill), the laser starts too late and stops too early. Very easy to see when the outline is lasered as line and the inside is done as fill.
The gap at the beginning and the end is changing a little bit with speed and is about 0,5-1,0mm. It gets better with more power, but is still present.
Therefore narrow vertical lines are often not lasered at all, or just a little bit. Good also to see when I’m engraving a ring with a line of 2mm → top and bottom shows really 2mm line width, left and right the line widht is smaller, see e.g. this picture:

I checked the forum and found some similar issues here, but unfortunatelly no solution or final conclusion. Here are the links and the users which created the topic:

@Tysondiaz

@Wolfgang1us

Maybe one of you has found a solution in the meantime??? I’ll put the links of the other topics in the next post.

I played a lot with scan adjustment and initial offset, here are my values (all now without initial offset):

And my machine settings:

Here are some pictures of a rectangle with different speeds and an initial offset of 0mm. The problem stays: it starts too late and stops too early.

Initial offset 0mm:

I know the line shift is definitive not perfect (especially at higher speeds), this adjustment ist still pending.

I’ll post the other pictures in the next post.

I thought already about something with the power supply and tried several things without any improvement. Maybe somebody could share a wiring diagram for my Ruida Controller and Power Supply.

Any suggestions from you guys? Would be greatly appreciated… :wink:

BR,
Rainer

Here are the other users and their links to the similar issues (was not allowed to put more in just 1 post):

@bummer

@Purdon

And also here the other pictures with different initial offsets:

Initial offset -0mm:

Initial offset +0,5mm:

Sorry for splitting the info in to posts, but that was due to the restriction of bloody beginners (like me) in the lightburn forum :wink:

BR,
Rainer

Good morning,

was the laser working before or is it a new one? Please also post the complete vendor settings, thank you.

Best regards,
Wolfgang.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.