Laser burns too hot on test fire and stays on after project is done

Hi,
Total newbie here and not sure what category this should go under. but my issue is that the laser comes on way too hot and before its supposed to, as well as stays on after the project is done, burning a line across the piece and scrap baseboard. It also comes on way to hot when I do a test fire. I have it set to 1% for the test fire framing function and its burnt a hole through a 1/4" piece of plywood. It also doesn’t turn off when the firing is done for approx. 10-15 seconds, unless i pull the plugs. it just sits there boring a hole into my scrap board. I am running a Ortur LM2 20w on an older PC running windows 8.

Any help is appreciated and thank you in advance

Your control board on the laser is probably bad. Ortur had a bad batch. Contact them https://ortur.tech/support/ they will have you test your board and send a new one if it is bad? :confused:

Thanks for the response. I will definitely do that. Sucks because i just got it a week ago, but is what it is. I do really appreciate the advice. Cheers

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.