Laser Master 2 and laser module NEJE 40W, will they work together?

Your laser did not fire on the test board alone either?

Than it sounds like a faulty laser module for me,and you are right to return it.

Love how neje jumped on here to promote their machine, but can’t offer advice on their own product. Good job neje

ISTM that a 3A supply is enough to run just the laser. 4A would be required to run the laser and the stepper motors, etc. So… I suspect that a system with a single supply would require a 4A supply, but a 30W upgrade would only require an ‘additional’ 3A supply to power the laser separately. It may be why there is a separate breakout board so you can safely wire the laser from the additional supply.

Note that I do not have one of these upgrades, but have looked at the kits and, after seeing the additional breakout board, this is the ‘guess’ I’ve come up with…

Thank you for testing and posting your results. I have been eyeing this module too, but was hesitant to make the jump.

You may have just pushed me off the ledge!

I’m using a 40w Diode Neje - and would like to cut a 6mm Mdf board. Could someone help me set up LightBurn. Thank you

Please do not double post. Doing so makes everyone work more than should be required. Thank you.

1 Like

6mm plywood cutting from 2 pass 100mm/min 80% power

Yep, talked me into it, going to have to start looking now :thinking:

after add the air assist. cutting plywood 6mm have next result:
power 80% / speed 90mm.min - 1 pass
power 70% / speed 100mm.min - 2 pass

Thanks my friend… I will try

Nikolay

I cut with the configuration you recommended and did not work, then increased 01 step in each and also did not cut. I’m using MDF… photos and video attached… you might be able to see where I’m going wrong.

Thank you

You’re trying to cut MDF, but it’s a tricky material to cut that doesn’t look like plywood at all. MDF consists of sawdust and glue, which leave a lot of ash when burned. I tried to cut 3mm MDF and I managed to do it with settings: power 80 / speed 90 in 3 passes. I think that our laser power is not enough to cut 6mm MDF.

True Nikolay. Thank you so much for your kindness in answering my questions…

I can ask you one more question ?

What is the configuration to cut Acrilico of 2mm transparent… I’ve been trying but the laser fire goes through the acrylic and doesn’t cut… Thank you

Diode lasers will not cut transparent acrylic, you need a CO2 laser for that.

1 Like

Use tape or black marker for Acrylic. I have not cut it but it works great for engraving.

I just received the 30w laser and wired it up and everything works as advertised. I can walk you through my setup if you still need it.

Yes. I would like to have your setup.

Thanks,

ary

I have recently installed the 40W NEJE on my Ortur Laser Master 2. It cuts great, but when it comes to the “Fill” with engraving, it is not neat-looking like my old Ortur module. I have tried changing engraving positions from 0 degrees horizontal, to 5 degrees (not shown), to 90 degrees vertical (not shown) and still every time I get these annoying 2-3 deep lines on either side of the fill. I have tried changing many things in the settings and nothing has changed it a bit. The rectangles are simple shape drawings in Lightburn and the Mustang is engraved using image format. They are engraved in a normal horizontal, side-to-side path from bottom to top. I have also tried using Ortur’s LaserGRBL, which I hate, and it still makes the lines there too. I know I have it wired in correctly or it likely would not function at all. I updated the Ortur firmware after I saw the lines appearing, still no difference. Maybe there is a firmware needed from NEJE for my Ortur motherboard? I will be contacting NEJE as well, if I hear something from them, I will update here.

You’ve probably solved it by now but have you tried turning the ply so you’re burning against the grain instead of going with the grain, makes a lot of difference.

did read all suggestions here but want to notice all that air assist make such a big differences.i have both,neje 7.5 watt and dual 15 watt laser and with air assist from 1 bar make already a big better resuld on wood and mdf and cutting and engraving go sharp and faster.so my advice is alway’s use air assist on wood.

1 Like