Laser runs but does not engrave

I’m having the same issue. Laser runs, but doesn’t engrave…

Check the “S-value max” setting in Edit > Device Settings and make sure it is also set to 1000 (to match the $30 setting in your firmware).

Then tell me what other settings you used, like speed, power, image options, etc. Without those as well, there is no way I can tell you why it’s not burning. You could easily be trying to run too fast.

DID YOU EVER GET IT TO WORK, i AM HAVING TH SAME PROBLEM

Same question for you, Randy: What settings did you use, like speed, power, image options, etc. Without those, there is no way I can tell you why it’s not burning.

SPEED IS 50 PERCENT, POWER IS 100 PERCENT , i;M USING MILLIMETERS AND SECONDS VISIUALGRID SPACING IS 6.00, s VALUE IS 1000,FAST WHITE SPACE SCAN IS 24.9,i DON’T HAVE ANY G GODE NUMBERS, WHAT ELSE CAN i GET YOU, PARDON THE ALL CAPS

What are you trying to engrave? If it’s white paper, you might need to slow down. It’s also possible that you aren’t in focus - have you focused the laser to the smallest possible spot? How do I turn on my diode at low power to focus it or frame a job?

I focused the laser and actually got it to work for a min then it shut down, I was able to get the laser back on but I am back to the same problem, laser runs but will not burn, I was running at 100% power and 50% speed at the time it actually worked, I was working on a piece of paper at the time. Every thing is back to default except right now it is set for 100% power and 50% speed

When it shut down, did it just turn off? Did you get any messages or output in the console window? It’s feasible that your laser module is dead - it happens, but your descriptions are very short, so it’s hard to tell from what you’re saying.

Is the laser moving and firing, but not burning anything? Or is it the whole machine shutting off?

I did get a message on the consul that said the system had crashed and what setting can I send you to help

It is moving but just won’t burn anything and that is the part I really wanted. I’m 68 years old and not really computer sharp but I am stubborn and will not give up, It did it once so I know it is in there, I just got to find it, I’m learning every day, what setting can I send you

Is the laser turning on when it’s moving? If so, there’s a decent chance that you’re simply moving too fast, or it’s not properly in focus. What speed and power are you using? You can take a screen shot of the LightBurn window and post that, and that may help too.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.