Layer's colors on canvas drawing priority

Hank, I would like to do the same but keep in mind keeping this settings on will introduce all the issues this long thread is all about. it’s a pickle. i want to keep this setting on as well but I don’t want to open multi-layers projects just to see shuffled layers in different order than how they were saved.

There are a few other gotchas to filled rendering that need to be addressed. The biggest being that when you are creating a shape with lines, but on a layer set to fill, it doesn’t draw the shape at all unless it’s closed. The code to determine whether a shape is closed or not is complicated, so I need to cache that value in the shapes and update it when they change, like I do with some others.

The order of layers visually is irrelevant - if your image overlaps a shape behind it, it will still burn the underneath shape, then the image, then shapes above - that’s why I recommend only using wireframe.

With filled rendering, these look identical:

In wireframe I can tell they’re not:

Dear Oz,
I don’t want this yet another post of mine on this subject to be labeled as a whim and I will only say that for the sake of this argument I will put the performance penalty aside (just for a sec…) and say that if i edit my project with “Filled Rendering Mode” ON that there will be no visual change between my pre-saved and opened project - visually. i totally understand the performance issue and knowing how knowledgeable you are in so many fields that i have no doubt whatsoever you know what you’re doing and what’s good for us - it’s just a simple user like me describing his daily experience. nothing more than that. for my simple projects i like to keep this setting on and wonder why can’t LB open them (visually) as saved cause they did work ok before saving as for me there were no performance issues during design stage.

This is a screenshot just before saving

This is a screenshot of the same project just reloaded.

That should actually work the way you think it should - I’ll have a look.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.