Lightburn for Fiber - at last!

SeaCad is made by BSL, which we’re planning to support as well. They’re actually working with us, so we have partial PC / Linux support, but I’ve been pushing harder on the EzCad support since many more people have that hardware.

Posting to keep the thread alive.

I was going to try and hold off ordering a fiber until this comes out so we don’t have to learn a new workflow, and have to use Windows (right?), but the urge is getting strong. Adding another Windows and Mac developer and OS/application QA and beta tester to the wait list. :slight_smile:

Not sure how far along he is but Bryce Schroeder has been working on an open source tool for fiber lasers:
https://www.bryce.pw/engraver.html

1 Like

His doesn’t have a UI, which would likely be a sticking point. :slight_smile:
We’re still on track for a release in Q2 of this year.

3 Likes

So glad this is coming. I make my living with Lightburn on my CO2 laser. I just can’t figure out EZCad2. Way to confusing and you have to put in SO MUCH EFFORT. My wallet is ready, Can’t wait for a truly useful program to run my fiber laser on. Thanks for taking on this enormous challenge. I personally know of over 20 other fiber owners who are excited for the release and ready to subscribe. Keep sane my friends!

A post was split to a new topic: LightBurn for LaserPecker2?

Dear Lightburn-Team,

please announce a beta soon!
EZCAD is driving me nuts :wink:

Best regards,
Michael

1 Like

BUMP Bump to keep alive

My 30W (OMTech) fiber arrives tomorrow. Here’s to hoping the Lightburn for Galvo comes soon, or at least goes open beta.

Lightburn coming to Fiber is the only reason I didn’t drop $800 on a PC computer when I bought my fiber. Instead, I purchased Parallels to run EZCad on which was much cheaper. Can’t wait!

if you need a guy that breaks stuff… and finds errors… let me know… I use mine daily for marking all kinds of metals… I have a Raycus 50w running on a MAC mini, in phx az…

thanks guys

Yeah, I am running EZCad in Win 8.1 via BootCamp on an older High Sierra MBP. How are you liking Parallels?

Crashes sometimes after a job. Might be due to the amount of memory allotted for the VM.

1 Like

Dear @LightBurn -Team,

any updates on when this feature will come available? Or if there will be a public beta?

Best regards!
Michael

1 Like

Bumpy bump

We’ll be opening up a public trial version, probably before the actual release, so we can do some wider compatibility testing before it goes on sale, but we’re on track for a release near the end of Q2.

4 Likes

Can’t wait for a public beta do we know when tall might release the public beta?

1 Like

Soon-ish. :slight_smile: It’s software, things can come up, but we want to get it to folks as soon as it’s ready. We will announce in all the places when we do.

4 Likes

I’m in on the beta!

1 Like

Looking forward to it! Fingers crossed!