Lightburn for galvo not working

If you were successful finding the laser once, please explain why you are trying again? This is not needed and will not find again. Do you see the profile you first successfully made in ‘Laser’ window profile drop-down near the bottom, lower-right?

Welcome to the LightBurn forum, and thank you for reaching out - yet this comment is just rude and unneeded.

We produce documentation where we cover this “driver” issue in great detail.

This would be rude as you state but I NEVER got this screen. I have done the uninstall/reinstall the license twice over 4 hours, I have gotten the driver finally from the laser integrator (CloudRay) and STILL it is not recognized by your software even though Windows does recognize it. YES I did follow your Video and verified this prior to getting to this point. Is it possible that even with your uninstall/reinstall routine (done two times) that Galvo has not loaded? How do I confirm that my copy has upgraded to Galvo?

I got the screen when I executed the set up file on my Win 10 laptop.

Were you doing an upgrade or were you running the beta? I have yet to see any setup file from Lightburn.

To test it for myself I went to the folder where my downoads were and executed
LightBurn-v1.2.00.exe I agreed to the windows warning to allow changes to be made to the hard drive. I agreed to the file path suggestions LightBurn offered. I watched the install process. Then the set up screen appeared.

I didn’t remember precisely where/when I had seen it but I was fairly certain I had. I can appreciate how it may have been overlooked as boiler-plate start-up stuff with all the excitement and urgency around the Galvo release.

It is remotely possible that a strange build exists without the setup screen but I’d be astonished to see it in the wild.

Thanks to all your help enable this ancient luddite to get his system up and running on lightburn. I do appologize for my snarkiness as i tend to get very frustrated when things do not work right out of the box. Again thanks to all. Now I just have to figure out how to remove the fumes from my enclosure.

Had you not installed the version of the software that contained the galvo support? I replied to your email asking something along those lines, because that’s the only way I can come up with that you’d not be given the option to install the driver.

Have you tried the ‘Zadig’ method in the docs? LightBurn does work with Windows 7, but you might need to use the Zadig tool to do the driver swap.

See my above post - It absolutely works under Win7.

Yes I had recently updated to most recent release, once I was directed to where the setup exe file resided all was well.

2 posts were split to a new topic: New galvo setup not connecting

Will installation of LB on PC already working with laser and EZCAD2 affect the ezcad software’s working? In other words, if I try LB unsuccessfully, will I be able to resume using EZCAD2 w/o any issues?

Rick - by “drivers” issue, are you talking drivers in general, or the specific driver in the original post? Could I get a link to that document? I have a BJJCZ controller board and a 3W UV laser.

I have a similar issue. I have a new JPT 50W that works fine with EZCAD2, but Lightburn can’t use it for some reason. Lightburn recognized the laser in the auto detect during setup and says the device is ready, but there’s no red light on the laser bed, and the frame buttons are grayed out.

I have installed and reinstalled it to no avail. If there is a way to install it, I will buy it because the features would help our workflow.

Thanks,

The following, along with all of our documentation is worth review,

This section covers how to revert to the original drivers required to run EZCAD2.

Did you import your EzCad settings when setting it up? What is the port value for the red light set to in Edit > Device Settings?

As for the Frame buttons not being enabled, do you have artwork in the workspace for it to frame? If not, they won’t be enabled.

A post was split to a new topic: WIndows 7 32bit Galvo Issues