Lightburn on the Wainlux L3 with roller

Hello, I´ve tried to connect the Y-Axis to the roller but it looks like the roller add-on needs a little bit more power.
Also, the homing doesn´t work anymore since the limit switch is not available with the roller connected and the y-axis disconnected. I built a small break out board to test hot-swapping roller and y-axis.
When I give the rollers a little bit of help by trying to move them whenever the y-axis is moving, it seems to work. Now I need to figure out how much power the roller add-on needs by its own.

If that works, I will build a proper adapter plate with a switch to disable the y-axis and enabling the roller once I have it homed.

It would be so much easier if the people from Wainlux would support the add-on via firmware or give us the ability to modify it ourselves.

@ Justin, how is your DIY board replacement going?

Cheers

Jan

Well it has been an interesting journey, I have had mostly success with the replacement board,I am waiting on some extra parts to come in - such as a replacement z axis motor (a little too much force and i broke the pcb housing away from the internal wiring loom) and i’m trying to make it all as nice and clean as possible. The new board is fantastic and shows up in lightburn and lasergrbl with no issue, and… I even have the roller working! if you would like to follow along head to the facebook group that has been setup and you can follow the post i have there, Wainlux L3 Users Assistance Group | Facebook
I will be updating there more than here as the initial problems i had have now been solved by the new conrtoller board! Many thanks to those here that helped me out!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.