Mac Book Pro USB port/com issues

I know this has been brought up in a few different ways over the last few years but I have yet to find a resolution posted. I have a 2022 MBP and I cannot get the Ortur LM3 to work with this machine. It allows me to add the computer and it says ready to go. But I keep getting an error message saying it wont recognize the laser.

I am just getting into using a laser and am very excited. The LM# is fine as it works great with my wifes PC. But I cant get it to work with a MacBook Pro.

Can anyone help?

Hi Joe,
You should be able to setup the Laser wifi to connect to your local network using a windows pc. after it has been setup you should be able to create a connection to the device on your mac using the laser’s IP address. Somebody has posted a video on youtube with instructions for configuring the laser;s wifi.
Connect LightBurn to Ortur Master 3 through WIFI - Step by Step Tutorial
Cheers,
Rob

is quiet a common issue, specially if you have a M1 chip or latest OS

TLDR: Get a dumb USBa to USBC hub, like the cheapest you can get to fix it

Long version.
WIth M1 and post M1 OS’s on mobile devices (laptops/tablets) apple in its infinite wisdome added security features for external devices.
This means, although is my findings and not official, Mac will try to handshake ALWYAS from top to bottom in prottocols USB 3.1 3.0 2.0 etc based on wiring on USB

Most devices although they have USBC ports are not usbC they are USB 2.0 devices. meaning macOs will block them because 3.0 handshake fails

By using hub, you force 2.0 protocol and it always works!

Thanks for the prompt reply Gil. Your answer makes complete sense. I will pickup a cheap Usbc to usb-a hub and see if it works. I would have assumed the short Apple adapter would have accomplished the same thing but maybe not.

Thanks again.

I had mixed experience with Apple geniune ones, they are too good!

Is funny but you need a “dumber” donwn converter.
I am still trying to figure out a fundamental answer to this. if its wiring, if its software or a mix of both

But the dumber the usb adapter, the more reliable the fix is. As strange as it seems

Will let you know how it works out. And thanks to Robert as well but I am nervous setting it up as a WiFi connection. My service can be a little sketchy.

local WIFI should be ok as it does not go outside your router
Is full internal networking

Gluck and happy entrys in 2024

Man……I love forums and the ability to help each other out. I picked up a super cheap ($9) USB hub at Best Buy and it fixed the Mac issue immediately. Making a couple spoil boards now.

Thanks so much Gil. Problem solved for now

1 Like

Great news!!!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.