Machine jogs in wrong directions if at all

Do I first select the design then choose FRAME?

I think M00 goes on both start and finish. That is what was done in openbuilds when they edited the gcode there. It was put before penetrate line and after end cutting path.

Preview looks good.
Frame startled me when it took off moving but I figured out what it was doing. It got stuck though because it hit the back limit switch. So my workspace must still be off somehow.

What is the proper way to size the work area?

I moved the machine around and measured from where the needle would start and stop left to right and my actual distance would be 92 inches. Front to back I have 8.5 inches working space. But If i put that into the program it gives me WAAAAYY to big a working area.

Why do you say that? Would you not need to actually address that amount of space?

Let’s first make sure that your axes are calibrated roughly. I suspect not.

If you travel to the far corner away from home what is the reported position? That will be mm.

Well just a moment ago when I used the set laser pointer tool and I said go to the far back right it said that would be around 18 inches but it actually moved around 90. So if i tell it to move 90 it will just run into the limits

This is the back right corner Positioning

I was told I would need this information to calibrate. Not sure what of this I need. Does this help?

This is my belt :10 Meters(32.8 Ft) 3D print belt with 20 teeth. Width:10mm timing belt(0.39’’); Pitch:2mm(0.08’’)

My Steppers: Nema 23 Stepper Motor 4.2A 3.0Nm (425oz.in) 100mm Length with 8mm Shaft for CNC Mill Lathe Router

and my pulleys ReliaBot 5PCs Aluminum 2GT Timing Pulley 20 Teeth Bore 8mm for 3D Printer 10mm Width 2GT Timing Belt

This photo is set to inches…
mm is x 474.67 and y 43.99

Ok I think it calibrated it in machine settings. Testing now. It is still hitting the limit switches. Can I teach it where they are so it stops before them?

Well I thought I had calibrated it… Maybe not. It still thinks the machine is in the middle of this grid

Physically measure the available working area for both X and Y. Put those dimensions into Device Settings.

Once your axes are calibrated you should not hit limit switches.

Sounds like you found how to calibrate… Continue to refine those until the designed size matches the physical size. It may be difficult to get this very precise until you actually start quilting but try to get this fairly close.

can i change the distance I want it to move?

Do you mean i need to recalibrate again and this will make it more accurate?

Can you explain further what you mean by this? You mean for each jogging more or something else?

It’s not that each subsequent recalibration makes it more accurate… however, if it’s very off it’s hard to be accurate the first time around. It sounds like you’re half way there.

What are your current values for $100, $101? You could calculate manually if the calibration is not going well. For example. If the current value is 200 but the machine is moving twice as far as it should then you would change the value to 100.

I figured this out… Had to change off continuous and then the jog distance could be changed.

I think I got x calibrated. working on y… right now it is trying to home and I dont know how to stop that process and it is going super slowwwww

Pressing the stop button may halt the process.

It doesnt and my last calibration messed something up because now it will only go backwards or to the right. AHHH

What are values for $100, $101?

$100

error:3

Grbl ‘$’ system command was not recognized or supported.

$101

error:3

Grbl ‘$’ system command was not recognized or supported.