Material Cut/Scan Test Files - Power Scale

Yes, this can be accomplished, these Z moves would need to be added and are required for both ‘Line’ and ‘Fill’ modes.

and / or

2 Likes

N00b to the forum, and engraving, as well. I’ve been futzing with the templates and finally engraved a set of the tiles onto Maple. All was well, until I got into the slower 900/600 and 100/90/80/70 tiles (the top left of the template). At that point, I was seemingly in the range of “you’ll burn your house down!” power, and that’s not the intention here.

How do I modify these rows (which are grouped together it seems) to remove the ones that are just too slow/too powerful, but not also remove all the other test swatches at the same time?

Thanks in advance, y’all!
–Mike

Ungroup first. Then…,

Thanks, Rick, that was really too easy. I was worried I was going to jimmy up the gradient if I futzed with them individually.

2 Likes

This works nicely on my Ruida controlled generic 60W laser, but my 150W Boss Laser HP3655 with a Trocen/AWC 708C controller doesn’t seem to pay any attention to the Power Scale. Do you have any ideas regarding this problem? Thank you for any help you could give.

I see you have double-posted same issue. Please don’t do that. It creates more work and can slow responses.

You are receiving responses here:

Sorry. Thanks for letting me know.

Hi Rick,
What is your Max 80% setting based on? Is it to limit the amount of power the laser is putting out?

I have a CR50W with a limit of 19mA. I can produce a laser output of 24.9mA with my current PS. Without adjusting the potentiometer on the PS.
I seem to reach max at 30% power. Do i set my max min at 30%-0% respectively?

Thanks

Not following your question, please re-phrase. What are you trying to produce? :slight_smile:

I might suggest adding this to the learning tool box. One of our nice members produced this site with tools to automate the initial building of these test files.

LightBurn Test Generators - Lightburn PowerScale Generators - O2 Creative

Once you have built a couple from this, you can compare against your hand built ones, side by side, to see what is happening. You will be able to use the auto-generated file as a guide.

2 Likes

My power settings don’t appear to change anything. Am I missing a setting? OMTech 20W Fiber Laser using LightBurn 1.2.04 on a Mac running Monterey. Everything seems to fire and burn correctly after initial setup. Focus is good. It’s just that I get the same results no matter where I adjust the Power setting. Not even sure what power it’s ‘actually’ running at… Speed and Freq adjustments seem to work well… Just not Power.

Figured out that if I reboot the laser in between each job it works as expected for the 1st job. Meaning the power settings adjust according to layer, etc. But if I try to run a second job it just stays on the last power setting it used no matter what the layer parameters are set too. Sort of annoying to have to reboot it in between each job though… I’m sure I have something set wrong.

Hey,
I´m new to the hobby.
I like the Material Test Tool a lot.
Is there a way to Cut out the Testfile?
Can I home the laser in any way (besides manualy) if i m in the test generater ?
Thanks Axel

A post was split to a new topic: Material Cut/Scan Test

I have no top bar menu item called ‘Laser Tools’?

I’m on Mac version of LightBurn. I cannot find this tool. ??

What Lightburn version are you running ?
I believe the material test generator was introduced in version 1.1.00, however it may well have been located in another top bar menu then, possibly ‘Tools’

Please share a screenshot showing the top-menu bar. Here I show the most recent internal beta running on Mac, version 1.4.01. :slight_smile:

And as @Mooseuk asks, which version release number.

Here is a screen shot showing my LightBurn with no “Laser Tools” menu option:

I tried to find the version release number when making my original post. I could not find it. Where is it found? I searched in Preferences, and I looked for the standard “About…” menu option under help. My version is older than 1.4.00 because when I click “Check for updates” I get a message saying, “A newer version, 1.4.00, is available, but it was released after your license expiry date.”

I also tried to find the version release number using the “Generate Support Data” menu choice, but it seemed to not contain any human-readable info. At any rate, in case it’s helpful, I can paste a copy of my Support Data if I know here to put it.

Help → About Lightburn

First option in help… version is the first line… this is release 1.4.00

:smile_cat:

1 Like

Thanks, however, there is no such menu choice for me:

…however, I did finally manage to locate it by clicking “Help” → “Quick Help and Notes”:

So my version release number is:

LightBurn 1.0.06, built Sat 2021-10-02 @ 16:40

There has been a lot of upgrades since the 1.0 version… might want to check and see what you are missing… maybe time for an upgrade…?

Good luck

:smile_cat:

1 Like