Move Buttons have no padding around icons 0.9.14 (macOS)

After update this is what has become of the move buttons
Screenshot

I tried the icon size setting, it resizes these icons too, but buttons are still squished

Which OS version of LightBurn are you using?

macOS Catalina.
Lightburn 0.9.14

Thank you. We have been adjusting the size and spacing of the LightBurn UI to accommodate for new features and improve the overall look and feel. We do this for all manner of system, OS and screen combos, so this does not surprise we would see some things that might need further adjustment.

Here is how my MBP system running High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G13033) looks when I have the ‘Toolbar Icon Size’ set to ‘Smaller’ (one setting below/left of ‘Default’). Please post the same from your system for comparison.

Here’s how it looks, no change.

Thanks for reporting this. We will need take another look. @LightBurn

I have a bit of useful info…

The icons just showed up correctly when I disconnected my 4k external monitor and quit and reloaded LightBurn on the built in display.

After loading it on the MBP if I attach the external monitor (and LightBurn moves over there) it’s ok.

Machine is MBP 2015 with Touch Bar, external monitor is Samsung 4k over DisplayPort.

I have a similar setup with an external monitor that I can check and see if I can reproduce here. Thank you.

Edited: Here is what I see from my 4k monitor (2560x1440, 60Hz - neither set to use scaling):

I think the important bit here is the DPI of the two monitors. MacBook is presumably a retina display with high DPI. Is the external 4K also high DPI, or is it a larger display?

High DPI. I use the setting in the system preferences to show it like 1080p but pixel doubled, so Sharp like a Retina display. It’s called Standard here…

P.S. I did check setting the slider all the way to the right, i.e set the output to full 4k resolution without pixel doubling, Lightburn is ok in that case.

There is an environment variable setting that might help: QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR=1

If you can set that as a global environment property and then run LightBurn, it might behave better with your setup. The fact that you have multiple monitors with different scaling settings is probably the issue.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.