My laser stops in the middle of a burn

(Beginner Ortur Laser Master 2 20w) (Lightburn 0.9.18 and upgraded to the 9.19)

I am trying to burn on a painted white tile, but this happens on wood too. Never stops in the same spot.I have no trouble restarting and continuing. Stops 2 to 3 times for a tile.
BTW it’s an easy image nothing but simple clip art.
Speed= 1000
power=100% (but I have tried 80% too with the same results)
Interval 0.130
Dither

error:8
Grbl ‘$’ command cannot be used unless Grbl is IDLE. Ensures smooth operation during a job.
Homing
error:8
Grbl ‘$’ command cannot be used unless Grbl is IDLE. Ensures smooth operation during a job.
Ortur Laser Master 2 Ready!
OLF 137.
Grbl 1.1f [’$’ for help]

This is either the Ortur or Windows closing the USB connection. I haven’t figured out why yet - it’s not uncommon, unfortunately. Most likely causes are a poor USB cable (no shielding or ferrite beads for noise suppression), USB ports going to sleep, loose connection of the USB at one or both ends, and possible electrical interference in the cable.

I will try replacing the cable tomorrow. Thank you

Similar issues here, with some possible options: Constant Grbl ‘$’ command cannot be used unless Grbl is IDLE. Ensures smooth operation during a job. Error: 8

I’ve also had this problem using mini gerbil and reported it to awsometech who were very helpful.i did same as oz lightburn suggeststed and it worked with new shorter cable .but have had just 1 freeze since.also i can’t recover so its a total loss for me

Worked GREAT!!! Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.