N40630 no cutting ability!

**Ortur LU2-10A 10w ** - it’s 24v (Neje original PSU is 12v)

Atomstack M100 130W (20w optical) - very expensive at +500€

Atomstack M50 50W (10w optical) - similar price and features has A40640

Sculpfun S30 Pro 10W optical -

Neje A40640 10W optical -

xTool 20w optical - 600€

Two trees TS2 10w

I did, my problem is that a lot of light is escaping and the lens might be defective! Because without it it’s a clear image with no reflexes

yo tuve el n40630 y esa luz que tiene el tuyo no es normal. Tu modulo laser está fallando.
Queria comentar que para corte de madera los laseres N y A40630 no son nada buenos. Para cortar mdf de 3mm y que la pieza se desprenda sola se necesitan 7 pasadas a 350mm/m y 90% de poder del laser, vi que la sculpfun s9 corta mdf de 3mm con 3 pasadas a 300mm/m y 85% de poder.

Were you able to find the official sales channels? Not sure if that’s where the prices were from.

My only goal was in letting you know that there were indeed other modules available for individual sale in case that was of interest.

estoy pensando en vender mi maquina y comprar una atomstack m9, vi que corta muy bien. Mi maquina la fabrique yo y la ventaja es que la hice de 1000mm x 1000mm, las compradas solo son de 40mm x 40mm

Yes I thank you for that, the info and prices I posted were all from what I found only in official brand websites

La mia es base Neje Master 2S con board 32bits pero Tengo 860mmx325mm de área de trabajo!

Mi amigo torne uma Atomstack con el módulo 5.5w e corta el MDF, que yo necessito 10 passadas o más, con 3 passadas a 300mm/min.

Y el “contrachapado” 3mm que me há regalado ló cuerta en 1 passada 260mm/min yo necessite 5 passadas a 100mm/min e ahun tuve que dar-le con la mano…

Espero que la lente mejore

I’m praying to be a lens problem, because if it’s a diode problem the module is garbage because the diode is press fitted onto de aluminium block xD

para hacer esta caja necesito de 1 hora con el A40630. Es mucho tiempo lo que se demora. Te recomiendo ir directamente por una atomstack o una sculpfun s9/s10.
mi maquina la fabrique yo, tengo penado comprar la sculpfun s9 y adaptarle el laser a la mia, los precios de los laseres aqui en argentina son muy caros, la sculpfun s9 cuesta unos 800 dolares y una atomstack x20 ronda los 2,000 dolares. Eso me llevo a fabricar la mia. Soy tecnico mecatronico

esta es mi maquina

Si el problema no és de la lente me voy a comprar solo el módulo laser, ahun no eh decidido qual tengo que mirar a las reviews. Porque solo necessito el módulo laser, em Europa tambien son caros El mas bajo son 48mil pesos de Argentina cerca de 270$ usd

@berainlb @jkwilborn @Fgk1407 @MikeyH @coyspurs

If you had to buy a new laser module (only module) for cutting and engraving would you choose 10W or 20W (optical power) and Wich brand/model?

Thank you guys!

You can’t pop in a brighter laser like you can replace a 25w bulb with a 60w one. Your power supply might not be able to supply the extra current needed. A little research is needed first.

I know but that part I have technical degrees xD besides my PSU is 12v 6A most 20W output lasers require max 3.7-4A

Without considering all other variables what do you think is a good module to cut and engraved based on your knowledge and for example reviews you saw or so?

Sorry, but that is above my paygrade. My only laser experience is with a 5.5w unit on a 3018 machine. These other guys have multiple machines and are more likely to be a better source/

1 Like

If your primary goal is cutting performance it’s hard to overlook the 20W models. From what I’ve seen the Sculpfun S30 Pro Max seems like a very good performer although it’s not clear to me if that model is being sold separately. Else the Atomstack model seems to also perform well but with a larger dot size. xTool does some interesting things but I’m not impressed with their solutions for various reasons.

My primary goal is to be able to cut up to 6mm plywood I’m not looking to go for those 18/20mm that 20w lasers offer plus the downside is that from 10 to 20w the price tag more than doubles

I’m divided between the Sculpfun S30 Pro 10w or the Neje A40640 10w

The Atomstack M50 doesn’t seem to have an easy air assist solution but its compatible with neje frame.

Still have to check further on the compatibility of the Sculpfun S30 on the Neje frame because Sculpfun support say they can’t confirm it because they never tested it and the module weighs about 0.6kg (3 times more than Neje’s modules) with the T frame modules can’t be too heavy eh :joy::joy:

Why are these kind of choices always so hard :sob:

cuantos mas wats, mejor. Hay que tener en cuenta el consumo de la energia electrica para los laseres de 20w. Si me dan a elegir un laser, creo que me quedaria con el A40640.

I think there are some things mixed. The S30 series has 3 different modules, 5, 10 and 20W. If you are talking about the 10W module, it weights less than 300g. It’s as small (or smaller) than the Neje modules. If you are talking about the 20W module, that weights about 800g (and also needs 24V supply power). That requires a heavy-duty frame. But the other modules don’t.
In general, the S30 10W module will outperform the Neje, as far as I read from many comments.