NEJE Master 2S Max stops in middle of project

using hub, project still stopped dead

We are still having the same issue

Read in another tread (Neje Master 2S Plus stops after 40min with LB - #2 by TomWS) that switching from laptop to PC solved the problem.
Tried the same but got the same problem.
The only difference is that on the PC it took about 108 min until it stopped while on the laptop it always stopped at about 70 min.

Found this info on the NEJE site:
NEJE MAX problem with lightburn Evanator (2021.5.21)

Regarding the problem of max machine interruption in lightburn mode; among the 100 machines in March, some of them may have unstable factors. NEJE please contact customer service email, service@neje.shop, if you encounter this problem, Initially, it can be solved by updating the firmware. If it cannot be solved, NEJE will send you a new motherboard for free. NEJE is very sorry for the inconvenience caused to you! This problem is due to unstable factors caused by the shortage of chips. NEJE is committed to providing better services!

So I made the firmware update, and it seems to work now. Did only one project since, but that went through until 100%.

Thank you for this update. :slight_smile:

Here is the link to that posting: https://wiki.nejetool.com/doku.php

NEJE MAX problem with lightburn Evanator (2021.5.21)

Regarding the problem of max machine interruption in lightburn mode; among the 100 machines in March, some of them may have unstable factors. NEJE please contact customer service email, service@neje.shop, if you encounter this problem, Initially, it can be solved by updating the firmware. If it cannot be solved, NEJE will send you a new motherboard for free. NEJE is very sorry for the inconvenience caused to you! This problem is due to unstable factors caused by the shortage of chips. NEJE is committed to providing better services!

How do we get them to replace the main board this is our exact senerio they want videos after videos

To be honest, I have no idea. We do not make, sell or service this hardware. We are LightBurn, a software development company. :slight_smile:

One problem fixed, but now I have another.
I have a drilling machine in the same room as the laser.
They both are not on the same wire, but when the laser is on, and I turn the switch on the drilling machine, the laser loses the connection, then reconnects and returns to home.
How can that happen?

So anyone who has the stopping problem, should also check if it is not caused by another machine.

What do you mean ‘not on the same wire’? Are they on the same branch circuit (they use the same outlet or circuit breaker)?

This can happen easily if you have a power dip on the branch circuit (like when you turn on another machine on the branch and it’s a weak circuit).

If you plan to run the laser while running other equipment I recommend that you get an Uninterruptable Power Source (UPS) to power your laser and your computer. It probably doesn’t need to be more than 400VA and will isolate your setup from any power dips and will actually allow you to run if you have a power outage while burning.
Note that this is generally independent of which Laser system you have (although larger CO2 lasers will require large UPS units).
Make sure the UPS is rated for continuous voltage output. Some switch over only after an outage and by then you’re back to where you started.

No, they are not on the same branch circuit. The laser is on a 230V wire and the drilling machine on a 380V wire.

But now I think I have found the solution (which I really don’t understand :sweat_smile:)

I recently bought a powered USB Hub, because some mentioned that the HUB will solve the problem, that the laser will stop mid-project. So I connected the laser and the webcam with the hub.

But when the laser was working, and I started the drilling machine, the USB lost the connection and the laser stopped.

When I connect the laser directly to the laptop and not via the USB-Hub, it works.
But I don’t understand why it stops when connected with the USB-Hub.

Now the laser does not stop anymore, but it happens another problem.
After a while (1-2 hours), the motor starts to jerk and then and then the line is shifted.

This makes it impossible to laser larger projects.

Here are my settings:

$0=10
$1=200
$2=0
$3=7
$4=0
$5=0
$6=0
$10=1
$11=0.010
$12=0.002
$13=0
$20=0
$21=0
$22=1
$23=1
$24=100.000
$25=1000.000
$26=250
$27=1.000
$30=1000
$31=0
$32=1
$100=80.000
$101=80.000
$102=80.000
$110=4000.000
$111=4000.000
$112=4000.000
$120=200.000
$121=200.000
$122=200.000
$130=810.000
$131=460.000
$132=150.000

to me it sounds your controller runs hot

Thought the same, but now it also happens at the beginning of a project.
At minute 0:43 the laser begins to jerk and is then out of the line:

and it’s getting worse and worse

Exactly what happened to me when my laser module died after 45 days. They kept wanting me to send video after video until images couldn’t be made any longer, then ignored my emails.

They said the same thing to me to send them a lot of different videos.

But one thing I don’t understand:

When lasering with lightburn, the motor starts stepping and is then out of the line.
When I use the neje software and use an image from the software, the laser finishes it without a problem.
But when I load a picture/image/text of mine into the neje software, it makes the same stepping problem as with lightburn.
And that’s not an image problem, because I tried many images/texts ect.

I ordered a new main mainboard because they stopped responding to my emails just got it installed we will run a project today crossing fingers

New main board seems to fix problem machine runs faster and more efficiently completed entire operation with lightburn

1 Like

I wonder if you are seeing similar results as the Orturs had because of using those rubber wheels slipping in the V slot causing static? Or maybe there’s some friction somewhere with the belts. Either way, you might consider grounding things like the Ortur does.