Omtech AF2028 60w Ruida KT332N

Hi all
I just purchased my machine
Of course, not sure what kind of luck this is but first day of using it,
I install my piburn 4.0
Change the machine settings ( backed up the original machine settings )
Next day, I turn my pc on, blue screen of death ! And now I can’t access to the file
I am using a different laptop now
But when I loaded the settings on the new laptop, I see it is still using the 4 changes I made that was suggested by piburn , and I have no idea or remember what the old numbers weee
So when I remove the rotary, how much is that gonna affect my engravings?

How do I get the original file, anyone have it, please share it with me!

Appreciate your help

…what is piburn 4.0?

Can you show a picture of your machine?, I think there are quite a few who have this type of machine.

If there are only 4 values, we could try to compare them with my machine. I think mine is a bit older but has the same controller.
Can you make a screenshot of your machine settings?

The PiBurn is just another wheel or roller type of rotary. I have a PiBurn 3, that I use on both the fiber and the co2. Each type of rotary has it’s pros/cons.

What 4 changes?

As far as I know, they only thing that changes is the steps/rotation, what are the other three?

That’s life with windows… nothing to do with the laser or your PiBurn… I’m sure you know this, but had to pick on Windows, it’s such a pia.

What file?

I assume this is a new machine?

A 60W tube is 1200mm in length, I somehow doubt your machine is this wide… Even a 50W tube is about a meter in length…

I’m seeing a manual power control, which is worrisome to me. Seem to be popping up on a lot of new machines. Do they tell you how to use it?

:smile_cat:

:+1: …again learned something

“setup file” from the machine, i.e. original values from the factory the settings before the change due to rotary

Jack, we all bought a machine with less watts as stated in the advertisement…, you have a 45 Watt machine instead and we have a 50-55 Watt machine instead of 60 Watt…

Should we say “nominal effect” in the future? :wink:

Which setup file? He saved the machines configuration… didn’t he?

All he needs to do is reload it. There really isn’t anything to update on the controller unless you have modified the start speed or acceleration values, which is the only thing you might need.

The only thing you really need to setup with a roller is the steps/rotation… so what are the other three?

A link to the setup is always nice. When someone says I have xyz, it’s nice to link that to their product, then we don’t have to search and guess which one is really his.

The PiBurn machines are very nice… a bit costly but are excellent, I love mine… especially after I got it paid off… :crazy_face:

…I need to borrow your glasses, I can’t find this setting option in the picture

How long is the tube in your machine?

It’s also disappointing that they advertise that way, we don’t mention it, just accept it.

Windows computer

These 4 suggested settings change by piburn,
I backed up my original settings and of course windows just fails :face_holding_back_tears:

So the highlighted ones on their website ( see photo below ) is the ones I changed

The one I saved and lost

I’m thinking all of these models have the same machine settings
So machine settings file

I just need to put on shoes, then I’ll go to the workshop and see what mine is on ;-)… maybe Jack is faster, again :wink:

Yes correct

Thank you so much guys!

What model omtech do you have?
And also I’m struggling with getting the right settings
Got everything plugged in but edges are terribly pixelated and not smooth
12500 steps per
62mm for wheel diameter
My tumbler size is right and I’ve done so many tumblers on my xtool d1 and they were all perfect ( the image below I used it so many times it’s an SVG file so it shouldn’t be pixelated at all )

Try clicking on this post, there is a picture of the machine.
Regarding rotary - here I have to pass, no experience at all, sorry.

Awesome thank you !
I have theb500 700 bed size one