Omtech AF2028 60w Ruida KT332N

I just need to put on shoes, then I’ll go to the workshop and see what mine is on ;-)… maybe Jack is faster, again :wink:

Yes correct

Thank you so much guys!

What model omtech do you have?
And also I’m struggling with getting the right settings
Got everything plugged in but edges are terribly pixelated and not smooth
12500 steps per
62mm for wheel diameter
My tumbler size is right and I’ve done so many tumblers on my xtool d1 and they were all perfect ( the image below I used it so many times it’s an SVG file so it shouldn’t be pixelated at all )

Try clicking on this post, there is a picture of the machine.
Regarding rotary - here I have to pass, no experience at all, sorry.

Awesome thank you !
I have theb500 700 bed size one

Nobody has been able to explain how cut/engrave are differentiated. What is the difference that the controller would pick one over the other?

I have a Linux box and RDWorks won’t run natively on Ubuntu, so I’ve never run it…

I’ve watched a number of videos based on RDWorks. RDWorks, only, allows you set a mode of cut or scan, not Lightburn.

Maybe @JohnJohn can enlighten us all … :pray:

If these values are off, the image will slide a bit or be squished/widened … so it’s probably correct.

These are relatively simple to set up.

Mine has a 5000 step/rotation Motor driver set to 2000 steps/rotation. The ratio between motor and roller is 2.5:1 … 2.5 * 2000 = 5000 steps/rotation, which is the setting for the rotary steps/rotation.

What interval are you using and how big is this graphic? It’s possibly just a scanning offset adjustment. You also didn’t mention which axes is x or y related to the photo orientation.

Check this in the documentation… It’s hard to tell without some idea of the size… It seems like this may apply.

Always make a backup of software before you change anything… I’ve changed one value and couldn’t remember what it was, so I hear and feel with you…

Maybe a good reason to get to a Linux based machine. :crazy_face:

Good luck

:smile_cat:

…this one didn’t fit through my workshop door :frowning_face:

I did the calculations
Y axis
Which gives me 12500
I tried so many different settings I just can’t get the lines disappear :melting_face: I really think that 12500 is wrong lol even tho that’s the calculation result ?

Then it’s probably set correctly… The 12800 steps/rotation is what the fiber uses, so it’s not surprising.

All we can gather from the photo is that it’s likely a dm545 motor driver… Without knowing how the switches are set, we can’t tell anything else.

I’m sure I asked what inteval are you using? A screenshot of the cut/layer gui - we can see the basic settings.

Oh I’m sorry I am not near my machine now
I really tired .1 all the way down to .05 and they all still got the problem, never ended with smooth

edges

I must be missing something somewhere

Sorry I think I forgot to tag you lol

I’m also gonna do the test when I get the chance ( if my son takes a nap soon lol )

So if I draw a 4 inch line on lightburn
And engrave that on my tumbler
When I measure it on my tumbler it should be exactly 4 inches right? Maybe 12500 isn’t right somehow

Don’t over complicate this…

You photo shows the switches 5 → 8 as off, off, on, off.

From my copy of the DM545 motor driver manual m545-motor-driver.pdf.txt (307.2 KB) … removed the .txt, it’s a pdf.

Something isn’t making sense … do you have the right motor driver for your axes?

That’s correct so 5000x2.5 is 12500

I am sorry I’m confused about what you’re asking me

I just did a this
Still 12500
No offset
Just played with interval
.1 vs .7 letter J

My question is how do these people I watched on Tiktok and YouTube engrave perfect lines at .1 but I can’t? Lol I am starting to annoy myself and getting frustrated

That’s great… as a suggestion, you’d benefit from the Laser Everything photo engraving how to video. This is brilliant in explaining and showing you how to find the best interval for whatever you are doing.

This is one of the most critical adjustments for lasing, but receives little distinction or attention for the amount of impact it has for lasing, either fill or photo.

Good luck

I appreciate you trying to help me
I am just very picky and using a cheap xtool d1 laser and achieved very smooth lines even at .1 and so when this didn’t I started getting frustrated right away but I have to remember this is a complete different beast of a machine and I’ll learn as I go probably

Thank you again

Do you think my problem was the interval ?

Yep… I suggest that video, as what you will learn, you will use it as long as you lase things… and give you insight to things you probably never thought about…

I want you to have fun, not the other F word … frustration…

Good luck