Ortur LM3 WiFi access

Install went smooth.

Won’t be able to give it a thrashing until tomorrow however.

Still hangs on '$$" ( gets to $313 now ) but I’ll avoid doing that in the mean time.
Thanks John.

1 Like

Spent today cutting wood veneers, basically vectors from a DXF import (macDraft).

Feels great to be untethered :grin:

These were relatively short runs (~10 minutes) but zero issues. On occasion the laser would stop (beam turns off, no movement) for up to 10 seconds, continues on fine so I’m assuming that is some delay for buffering.
So far I’m elated! Tomorrow I plan on trying some image tests which will elevate the data rates.

All other aspects of LB that I used remain as I remembered, no issues.

I did a bunch of laser test grids using the LB laser tool item, 10x10 and some 5x5. Run times were about 30 minutes, the 5x5’s were 2-pass burns.

The first three went fine, some pauses but completed.

The next two had some issues. First of these apparently crashed the OM3. Power button was dark, LB was essentially locked up and I needed to kill the process. Not sure of which one occurred first, but if I had to guess, the guilty party was the OM3. It died while printing the test pattern header (first stage of the job)
I powered the OM3 back on and was able to reconnect w/LB. Restarted the same job and it finished normally.

A few changes of power/speed and ran another test. Same crash symptoms but it did get about 3 minutes further to the axis labels before the OM3 went dark.
All these tests had a max power level of 75% and no indications of any excessive laser heating.

I switched to USB and restarted the job (finished normally), also ran two more which finished normally.

Not quite sure what to make of this, but I’ll try some more next weekend.

1 Like

Thank you for the testing and feedback - much appreciated.

Hi, I am a new LB and laser user, too. And I also have issues with the Wi-Fi connection:

I am using a MacBook Air and have only USB-C Ports, that’s why I’d like to use Wi-Fi. At the beginning I had problems to connect the App. That’s why I startet with an old windows laptop with USB. First tests worked fine, an finally I was able to connect the Laser to my local network. I set the Wi-Fi router to give the laser always the same IP: 192.168.178.65
But when I started jobs via Wi-Fi, the machine stopped with an error (number 24 if I’m right).
I started to search for a solution and found this thread. First I installed the new firmware (thank you for that). But the engraving stopped again with an error, number 2 and number 25 this time. I turned the machine off and on again and again, checked the web interface (I also found the 192.168.178.5.1 IP in the settings in line $312 and $313 ) but now I am not able to connect via Wi-Fi again, not with the Mac, nor with the app or the web-UI. But the strange thing about this is that the OLM3 seems to be connected to my local Network: it’s blinking orange every 4 seconds, and the UI of my router says it’s online.

Long story short: I would like to reset the machine completely and start from the beginning. Probably I’ve done an error in the settings in the web interface of the OLM3 while I was testing out the Wi-Fi settings ( Ithink I changed DHCP to static if I remember right but because I can’t enter the web interface anymore I can’t check this).
How can I make a factory reset?

You can always reset everything if you connect via USB
in console, type $RST=*
perss enter
Then tap reset and pwoer on again
Everything will be back to defaults, inclusind all networking data

Tim,
I had similar issues and OrturTech Gil helped clear it all up.

If you do the reset ( $RST=* ) your OLM3 will revert it’s default IP addresses to their factory 192.168.5.x If your router is provided with the OLM3 MAC address, it should assign your fixed address
when your router receives the DHCP request. I have my router set to do this, but I do notice that the OLM3’s internal addresses ($302 and $312) still remain at the factory values. Before I was setting these two addresses to match my router, it wasn’t until I just left them alone that I was able to reliably connect. From your description it seems like your router is doing its job. You will need to re-enter your local wifi access id/password ($74 & $75), but that was all that I needed to change as far as gaining wifi access.

Hi John/Gil,

When will this update be available to the public?

Kind regards.

Soon TM. Unfortunatly cannot speak on behalf of Lightburn but i was told soon soon

Ok thank you Gil. I will keep checking for updates as I’m eager for this to be resolved.

1 Like

Hi,

Can I get the beta software to try? I am successfully connected over wifi but most jobs fail to complete.

I see RC38 has now been posted to Ortur.tech. No release notes, etc though. Would be good to know what has changed. The RC29 you posted did have release notes (in Chinese) which google helped translate for me. Ortur – Firmware Repository – Ortur

We posted RC against my - personal - preference. Is bad practice to post a firmware in Release candidate because, they change daily.
However people been requesting the “latest”
The change log is 5 pages long, so slightly useless until you have a baseline, a 1st official release to compare with

Any idea of when the 1st official release will come?

I reset my OLM3, tried different computers and settings, but there are still problems with the Wifi-connection. The job always stops with an error.
I now connected my MacBook Air with an USB-C-adapter and this works fine.
By the way, the App works fine with Wifi, I think this is because the files are stored to the SD-card before the job starts. Maybe this would be a good idea for a future update of LightBurn? I don’t know if this is possible, but if I could choose to store the file to the SD-Card automatically so that the OLM3 can use this file, maybe this would prevent the wifi-problem.
But first, Ortur should work at it’s Firmware, it’s still quiete buggy.

If you can connect to the machine via WIFI, you can connect to the webui
same ip in the browser
You can therefore upload the Gcode to the SD card via webui and then start it off the webui. machine will take care of everything

This implys however you have your machine in STA mode not AP mode. and it must be in the local network

This thread is discussing that there is a known problem with the current release version of Lightburn and that a beta is addressing it for future release. If you are not using the beta then you will likely be having problems and should either ask for the beta or wait for the release.

1 Like

I’ve asked rest of the support team about the release timing and/vs. welcoming more Beta testers. It’s not mine to hand out but I have the ability - Just waiting on the nod.

The update is forthcoming in days, not weeks, and as such we will be suspending the private allocation of the beta at this time.

Any update??