RESOLVED - Lightburn 0.9.22 - Shift box which is replaced by power and speed adjustment

Which version are you using? (Windows 64 bit, or 32 bit, or … ?)

It did change - the move arrow buttons no longer cause this panel to appear, but framing still does, because framing commands are sent to the laser as though they were a file. I’ll clean this up.

I use 32-bit windows ultimate sp1,for Pc one, and 64-bit windows ultimate sp1 for pc two.

This is fixed for the next release.

1 Like

Will it be fixed in version 0.9.24?
I would like to ask, when changing the speed or power with the arrows, from the panel containing increases, where do I see the new settings?
Thank you

I updated to 0.9.23 right now. I just signed up on the forum to let you know the Move area still glitches to Power and Speed control settings when I jog my machine.
K40 Laser with Awesome tech MiniGerbil. Windows 10 64-bit operating system.

Thanks for working 24/7 to patch the bugs. I love your software.

You don’t “see them” unfortunately - GRBL gives no feedback at all as to what the settings were changed to, and the increments can be customized in the firmware. I considered making LightBurn attempt to track the values, but it might not work correctly.

1 Like

@LightBurn . By the way, I went back to 0.9.20, and the problem appears there also. Is it going to be fixed in 0.9.24? What is the ETA?

Thank you for our great work

This is common behavior for most SW. New SW versions will be able to read old formats since the format of the older files are known. However, older SW knows nothing about new versions coming out so if there are changes, it will not know what to do with the changes…

0.9.24 test builds have been posted here if you want to try:

1 Like

@LightBurn Problem is still there in this version Windows 64 bits grbl 1.1

Can you show exactly what buttons you are pressing? “Problem is still there” doesn’t tell me much - I do not see this here. It’s also possible that the change was not put into the above build, as I am trying to restrict what goes into it to ONLY things related to the communication issue.

@LightBurn I’ve only reported one problem and I’ve uploaded a video file for it. The problem that I reported (and is still in 0.9.23) is that when pressing the arrow buttons on the move page, the speed and power adjust page is popping up. This is happening almost every time I am pressing one of the arrow keys.
If you want to emphasize it, try holding the shift key when pressing the buttons. Also, you must be connected to a laser engraver in order to see the bug.
I am using GRBL 1.1 laser cutter.
Hope this helps to clarify,
Zohar

Hi Oz, i know nothing about software programming but just viewing the vid uploaded by ‘zohargolan’ maybe a short delay between the ‘movement arrows’ being pressed and the ‘speed/power’ screen showing.
The screen was meant only to show once the laser began a project?
Hope i’ve explained it ok, works in my head :thinking: but as i said, i know nothing about programming.

This has been fixed, and verified fixed with GRBL devices, but not posted yet.

@LightBurn , please let us know as soon as its available for testing.
Thank you,
Zohar

@LightBurn , any ETC for this version?

Approximately “right now”. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@LightBurn Great, will test tomorrow hopefully, after the current job finish

@LightBurn I am glad to report that the problem of speed and power page popping up when using the move page is fixed.
Thank you for the fast response

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.