Rudia control factory reset

Is it advisable to factory reset my rudia controller? I want to rule it out as a possible source of my quality issues, however i dont know all the repercussions to this.

Not really, unless you have access to all the settings that the manufacture of “your” laser used to configured this controller. A ‘Factory’ reset will reset the Ruida back to the original configuration set at Ruida and is not set up for your hardware.

If you have not been through this process before, it can be a bit of work to restore “your” laser configuration.

Tell us what is happening, what you have tried and what the results are and we might be able to suggest some options.

Ok, thank you. I have a boss laser. I will wait for them to help and advise if it is even needed.

Good approach. Once you get some feedback from the nice folks from Boss, fire back if we can help further. :slight_smile:

1 Like

much appreciated, thank you.

Once you had you X and Y calibrated, you did back up your vendor settings… right?

unfortunately i did not create a backup.

Boss should be able to provide the factory settings as they set them prior to shipping. Have you been told by your Boss Technical Support Rep. that you need to change the controller settings?

Luckily, there are some basics. If you go to Matt’s web site and watch his controller upgrade video, you can get enough to get you semi operational. I used them when I put a new controller in when I switched from Top Wisdom to Ruida. They weren’t perfect, but close enough to get me operational.

Also, disconnect the stepper output from the controller, it will keep them from hitting the wall while you are programming. I hooked up an external 24V DC supply to mine before I even installed it to ‘pre-program’ it.

Good luck.

1 Like

No I haven’t. I tried reaching out to them today but they did not get to my call because a few tech support agents were on calls.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.