Ruida controller (which one I should Choose)

Hi, I do not post here very often, so sorry if my question is not adequate.

Just bought a 500 watts hybrid CO2 laser for cutting metal and other materials.
Model 1390.

It comes with a Ruida RDC6332M controller. It is supposed to have been upgraded.

I don’t find much information about this controller.

I saw many Ruida controllers with number like RDC6445G, RDC6442, RDC6442G, 6445T.

Can someone help me to understand which model I should order with the machine, I need autofocus for metal cutting and follow mode.

A link for the RDC6332M

Thanks for any help, Jeff

Interesting. I found the manual and the wiring diagram.

We had a brief discussion about this controller in April 2023.

We’re not supporting Lidar-based elevation following or MetalCut features at this time.

RDC6332M Supplementary using manual.pdf (988.1 KB)

Manual on Page 1 advises reader to refer to RDC633XG manual.
RDC6332G-Control-System-Manual.pdf (2.7 MB)

Please click this link to upvote the feature request here: If this software had support for metalcut features as in ruida metalcut software I would buy now · LightBurn

The whole history of this discussion is limited to a few threads.

Interesting though!

This is what I asked the laser manufacturer:

Hi, I’ve looked at some Ruida controllers on the internet and since the machine is not finished yet, could it be possible to install a more recent controller that would fit the machine and have more options, like 4 axis and other advantages, I can pay if the price is higher, I don’t know enough about these controllers so, you could speak to the engineer and ask him what could be a better controller, Thanks again, Daniel

This is what they replied:

All our hybrid machines use Ruida controllers, and there is no feedback from customers that they are not useful. (you can check the advantages of Ruida RDC6332M in the pictures)
And this is also the controller that we discussed with Ruida technology and is most suitable for this type of machine.
It is not necessary to replace the controller.
If you still want to change the controller, please tell me which brand you want, I will try to find it.

Me asking again:

I did not want to have other brands of controller, I want a Ruida, was just asking before it was too late if I could get a ruida controller with more functions.

This is what they replied:

Great, RDC6332M is the most suitable controller for non-metallic materials and metallic materials, so there is no need to replace the controller.

Thanks for the reply, Daniel

If you’re so inclined, I’d like to know what you are designing your new build for. Things like bed area, material thickness, air assist/oxygen injection… etc., offer a sense of scale. Custom builds are always the most interesting.

Please start a new thread about your custom build, in Community Laser talk at your convenience.

LightBurn Software is scheduled to launch a CNC product in Q2 this year. (April and May don’t seem likely. We don’t know exactly when. Development is ongoing.)

Sorry, I don’t understand what you want to say, I’m not building this co2 laser, I’m buying it.

Can you talk a bit more about these updates from Lightburn software?

I don’t know much about laser, I’ve been a CNC machinist and industrial engineer all my life, I own my own CNC shop for 12 years now.

At the end of last year, I bought a 10 watts UV laser and played a bit with it, not having some free time because I’m too busy.

Thanks again for your replies, Jeff

It looks like a custom 1 of 1. Still interested in what you have specified and what your expectations are. Custom build / special order machines are always interesting.

Lots is going on behind the scenes. There is also a new CNC product coming out called MillMage. It will have the capacity to adjust the GCode to handle some of the unusual customizations.

If there’s something specific you’d like to ask I may be able to answer it. I don’t see the Lidar elevation tracking in the immediate future.

Do you know hot the Ruida control a Co2 laser, does it output Gcode or something else?

A Ruida has a different set of codes from grbl.

:smile_cat:

They shoot a video for me when I asked if the rotary could be synchronized with the X axis, this was made on a 180w laser.

Just posted it if you are interested.

Jeff

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.