Snapmaker Laser will not turn on

The laser will not turn on. The head moves but no burn. Enclosure doors are closed. Laser works with Luban generated file. Gcode is transfered using USB Toggle.

Problem solved. Wrong power control codes were being used. Change was made in the device setting window to use m03/M05.

1 Like

Where is this? I can’t get my laser to cut

It’s in Edit > Device Settings. That’s also where you need to set Baud Rate to 115,200.

Excuse my ignorance but being completely new to snapmaker. Where in the device settings do you enter this. Is it under Gcode Start M03 and End M05

This is under the main Device Settings page. Highlighted here:

All i have is what you see selecting M7 gives a warning message
Not sure what to do

Something else I don’t seem to be able to do is open the consul and type $$ into the command box it doesn’t return anything so I am unable to check settings

Looks like you have the device setup as GRBL. The settings are only available for Marlin device type.

“$$” command is only available for GRBL and would not work on a Marlin device. You may be able to see some settings in Edit->Machine Settings but not sure if that works on Marlin devices.

You may be able to see your configuration by typing M503 in Console.

Tried that no connection to machine

Some folks are having success connecting to troublesome Marlin machines by first connecting with Pronterface. You may want to try that.

Downloaded now not sure what I have to do?

I’m not familiar with it. There are some posts on this forum that you can search for that discuss marlin and pronterface. In general it seems you first connect with Pronterface, quit, then connect with LightBurn.

All connected Pronterface cam up with an error code for com3. I had to physically remove the driver and re-install manually. things seem to be working now manually moving the axis X,Y,Z gives positional data which wasn’t happening before. Will try some runs today and see how it goes.
Just want to thankyou all for helping me solve this. I don’t think I would have succeeded without your help

Nice to hear that you got it working.

If you had to reinstall a driver to get this to work I’m curious if that could have caused issues with trying to connect LightBurn directly.

Have you tried running LightBurn directly without first running Pronterface since reinstalling the driver? I’m curious if you’d now get different results.

Got everything back up and running machine connected to Lightburn but still no laser working