Snapmaker 2.0 non-fire issue?

Hi Snapmaker users,

We’ve seen a couple recent Support tickets come in with 2.0 users claiming that motion control works, but the laser does not fire. We’ve seen this in the past

If you’re experiencing this with the recent 1.5.00 or 1.5.01 releases, please let us know in a reply to this topic. Thanks!

After updating I’ve found that I can move the laser head using the controls in lightburn, run the frame command, both things work, but when I press start for an actual laser job nothing happens - no movement or laser firing.

I changed my configuration from Snapmaker (marlin) to just Marlin and I am now seeing what you’re describing - laser head moves like it’s running the job, but the laser doesn’t fire.

Hallo, nach dem Update auf 1.5 waren meine Snapmaker Profile auch von diesem Problem betroffen. Ein seperates Marlin Profil konnte ich jedoch mit dem 10W Laser benutzen. (1.6W habe ich nicht getestet). Aufgefallen ist mir das nach dem Update auf 1.5 die Baudrate im Snapmakerprofil geändert wurde. Eine Anpassung brachte aber keine Veränderung. Bin aber trotzdem zurück auf 1.4.5 - Maschine SM A350 aktuelle FW

Hello, after the update to 1.5 my Snapmaker profiles were also affected by this problem. However, I was able to use a separate Marlin profile with the 10W laser. (I have not tested 1.6W). I noticed that the baud rate in the Snapmaker profile was changed after the update to 1.5. An adjustment did not bring any change. But I still went back to 1.4.5 - machine SM A350 current FW

Tested again this morning - after switching from the Snapmaker (Marlin) config to the straight Marlin config, I switched to inline laser control commands in the device settings menu and can now successfully run jobs with the laser firing.

Yes, Since I updated to Lightburn 1.5.00 My laser no longer comes on for my Snapmaker Artisan. I have a 10W and a 40W. Neither works. They both work in Luban though.

Hi Steven,

Please see our announcement here for more information: Announcement: Snapmaker firmware updates have affected LightBurn usage

You may need to set up your Snapmaker device profile again, this time as a GRBL device, in order for LightBurn to communicate.

So I have the latest Firmware update for my Snapmaker Artisan. My laser was working prior to Lightburn 1.5.0. After upgrading, my laser stopped working. I did revert back to 1.4.05 and my laser started working. I saw that an update to lightburn came out ( 1.5.02) I jecided to uninstall Lightburn all together, then download and install 1.5.02 and my laser started working again. That is with the Snapmaker snapmaker-artisan-40w-v1 from the Wiki. Whatever you did in 1.5.02 made my Laser to start working again. That is what I did to fix my issue. I’m working now