Starting the Light burn camera

Can you take another screen shot with the camera wizard window moved to the other side, so I can see all your laser controls? I’m wondering if you have something like “cut selected graphics” enabled (which the system should explicitly disable, but it’s worth a look).

I haven’t ever heard of it doing what you’re seeing it do, so I’m trying to figure out what’s happening.

I know the usb connection to my laser is okay because the Move function does jog the laser head. I also tried to send a different file that I had burned before and the same thing happens; the laser head doesn’t move and the controller beeps as it does when a file is completed. If I take the same previous file saved to a usb flash drive and run it, the laser completes the job with no problem.

I might’ve had some other changes “in flight” with this version you grabbed, though, that doesn’t explain the framing behavior - that’s just a sequence of absolute moves, so those should work too. Give me a bit to run some tests and I’ll post an update.

Need the link too. I posted my problem on another tread before I found this one.

It’s above, in this thread:

2 posts were split to a new topic: Camera alignment file not running properly

I’m having the same issue it appears with the 8MP camera.

Windows 10, the camera shows up in the dropdown, takes quite some time for it to show as selected.
I downloaded the beta version and its still not working.
Also set compatibility mode to Windows 8, and no difference.

I can see the camera output in the Camera app, and the Camera privacy settings show it is allowed to be used by other apps.

Blergh!

It seems like this is all to do with a recent Windows Update where they cranked up permissions for apps using cameras and microphones. Grab the latest beta posted (last night, same link), reboot your computer, and try once more.

Yeah, that was the version I downloaded late last night from the latest post v0.9.09

Ok! I got up and went down to try again and it is working!

What I did was fire up the Camera app, it sat there with no preview at all, and no errors.
I closed it, unplugged the USB cable for the camera and plugged it back in.
Firing the Camera app up again and the live preview worked.

So then I closed the Camera app, unplugged the USB cable again, plugged it in and fired up Lightburn.
As soon as I selected the camera from the drop down the small preview window showed the view.

I also opened the calibration window, selected the camera and it’s preview showed correctly, so we have progress!

The new beta worked for me. Thank you!

As I stated earlier, the USB cable connection to my laser seems to be fine since I can jog the laser head with the Move commands in Lightburn but when I try to run a file, the laser head doesn’t move and the controller beeps like the run has completed. Trying something new, I clicked on the Devices tab and tried to let Lightburn “find my laser” and nothing came up.

If you’re already connected to your laser, 'Find My Laser" won’t do anything. It’s a bit like trying to call yourself on the phone.

I don’t think this is related to the camera, so having it in this topic is confusing. A few things to check:

• Is the controller memory full of files?
  • Is your door protect switch working?
  • Does the laser just beep, or does it say anything on the display?

The reason this is under the camera thread is because I can’t get past the camera alignment procedure. The laser doesn’t receive the alignment target instruction even though all of the Move commands work.

There are no files in the controller’s memory and no message on the display.

Ignore the camera for now - What happens when you try to send any job to the laser. Draw a square and send that. Does it work? The move commands are sent in a completely different way - they’re ‘immediate’, not a buffered job file, so they work differently.

Been There, Done that, go back to the beginning of this thread read down I think about 20 places and you’ll see how to fix it. I started this post, jump over the trial version comments. Its a windows thing the first guy to post to me eventually worked it out in windows, something about letting windows choose which version it uses. but it worked for him and me. I think it went back to version 8

I drew a square and when I changed the “Start From” to “User Origin”, the file ran as expected. When I changed the “Start From” back to “Absolute Coords”, the file didn’t run but just beeped. I also changed the “Start From” to “Current Position” and the file ran correctly. Since the Calibrate Camera Alignment uses Absolute Coords, that might be the issue.

It unfortunately has to be Absolute Coords, or there’s no way to know for certain where the output went. Can you run a file in Absolute Coords mode from RDWorks? If so, draw a square in RD, save the UFile and email it to me. Do the same in LightBurn. It will help me if you place them in the middle of the page and make them the same size. I don’t understand why that wouldn’t work.

I drew a square and tried to run it in RDWorks but the same issue occurred; the program would not run with Absolute Coordinate, but it did run with Current Position and Anchor Point.