Starting the Light burn camera

Hey Hunter, Got mine working while working with support.

Try right clicking the lightburn tab and selecting troubleshoot compatibility. My computer put it into windows 8 compatibility mode and it started working

1 Like

Sweet - that was me on the support email with those. Weā€™re the same folks in both places.

3 Likes

He sent me a trial version through some other contact and mine is working too. tonight ill finish up with the installing it

ok got this to the target aliment mode but I do not get the red target to show up to place over the targets ?

never mind I didnā€™t double click just was single clicking, operator error DUAAA

Oz, Iā€™m having the same trouble with windows 10, 8mp camera. I right clicked the Lightburn tab and followed the procedure to test compatibility mode: for Windows 8 and that didnt solve the problem. Is the trial version you sent to Hunter a viable option for me?

Check the other things first - Your camera security settings should be set to allow applications to access the camera. If that isnā€™t set, nothing will help, so check that first.

I too am having trouble getting the latest version 9.09 of Lightburn software to recognize the new 8mp Lightburn camera. Windows 10 camera app shows the camera without issues. In the Lightburn software, the camera shows up in the Camera Control dropdown box as well as the Lens Calibration Wizard but the software locks up when trying to go any further. There is a note at the bottom of the software that states ā€œNo Device Foundā€

If it locks up, itā€™s because you didnā€™t cover the honeycomb bed of the machine, and the code is seeing thousands of circles.

1 Like

Try right clicking the lightburn tab and selecting troubleshoot compatibility. My computer put it into windows 8 compatibility mode and it started working
This is what Rick did , I went back and did this and it worked for me to

1 Like

The problem with the Lightburn camera not coming up in the software (screen photo) is still happening. The second photo was taken from the Windows 10 camera app so I know the camera is working correctly.

Windows 10 recently pushed updates that changed a bunch of permissions related to cameras, which I believe is why weā€™re seeing so much of this suddenly.

Go through this list first:

If you still donā€™t have an image, reply here and Iā€™ll send you a link to an update with the new camera code. I may try to push that release forward a little just to try to resolve this sooner.

I checked the camera security settings. Allow apps to access camera and allow desktop apps to access camera are set to ON. One new thing I did discover is that when the Lightburn software locks up (Not responding), if I unplug the cameraā€™s usb connection, the software not responding stops. I also changed the compatibility mode to Windows 8 but that didnā€™t seem to make any difference.

may i please have link to get my 2 cameras working

Good news!! This release seems to have solved the issue. The camera now appears in the Lightburn software calibration window. Thanks for the quick response.

It will have another problem when you try to run the alignment - thereā€™s some test code in it that Iā€™m in the process of removing, and Iā€™ll be posting a new one in a few minutes. Wait about 10 minutes and download again.

Ok, new beta is posted.

The camera target alignment went as expected, however, when it came to framing the image with the laser, the laser head ran to the upper left corner and did not run the sample image frame perimeter. I tried to adjust the scale factor to various amounts but it did not seem to help.

I have no idea what you just said. The camera target alignment is the process that lets you frame, but you just said that went as expected, so Iā€™m confused.

I just ran the Calibrate Camera Alignment wizard, used the scale appropriate for my test machine, and it framed where it was supposed to. Can you describe the issue youā€™re having in more detail? Remember, I canā€™t see what you see, so you have to spell it out.