Twin Head Problem 2

Hi,

Hello,

It’s been two years since I opened the forum thread above. I’m still waiting. Is there any chance of solving the related issue?

Thanks.

1 Like

When presented with this information I’d want to test if there is a setting for HeadNum 0 and if it runs the first laser.

I will endeavor to find out the current status of this.

In the process of solving this problem; I can do the tests you request on my cutting machine and provide information support about the results.

Excellent. I accept your offer. :slight_smile:

I was informed by my colleagues that the dual laser head control is working as expected. In order to offer a possible counter-example I’d like to understand the entirety of the problematic workflow you’re experiencing.

I see the Thunder Laser screen and I see the Head Num and From what I can gather, I’m assuming that something is written to the controller that changes how LightBurn uses both lasers.

I downloaded the ThunderLaser and Rdworks files. I’m still digging in.

2023-05-24_12-16-19 HeadNum is zero forum 100715

Is HeadNum=0 in your set up currently?
I believe the laser enable is elsewhere.

Do you have a LightBurn file that you’re working with (for your workflow) with both laser heads enabled?

Please Close the ThunderLaser software, Load up the file in LightBurn and connect to your engraver. Set everything up as you would, if you were about to send the task to the engraver.

Click File, click Save As, and call this Project 1.

Click File, click Export Prefs, please name the file Step One and save the file somewhere convenient.

Click Edit, click Machine Settings, click Read, wait for it to finish, then in this window click Save to File - Save this file as Current Machine settings. Then close this window.

Click File, click Save As, and call this Project 2.

I’m after a second copy of the Prefs file here as well.

Click File, click Export Prefs, please name the file Step Two and again save the file somewhere convenient.

Click File, click Save RD file and name this file Step Three.

Sometimes a Ruida controller can get into an unknown state. My first goal is to look for settings that may have changed by doing this.
I’m not expecting anything but I want to lock down this baseline.

Please email these 6 files to Support@LightBurnSoftware.com
Subject: Attn John Re: Forum 100715 Dual laser Ruida.

Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you very much for accepting my offer.

Yes, in the setup, there is a HeadNum= parameter. This parameter’s logical value changes to “0” when I select “1” in the “Multi-head-auto-layout” tab of the soft.ini file. When I select “2,” it changes to “1.”

If the logical value in the soft.ini file is “0,” the second laser works in LightBurn. When it is “1,” the laser number two does not fire.

However, when the logical value is “0,” the Z motor origin switch does not work, and the machine does not function correctly.

Anahtarjpeg

I will send you the files you requested, and I have also recorded a video. I will organize the files and send them to your email address.

Thank you.

1 Like

I have forwarded the relevant files to your e-mail address.

1 Like

We’ve got the files!
Thanks again.

I regret that I could not sway the dev team away from their hard list.

It’s been made clear to me that this task will require an experienced developer and a dual-head laser engraver at hand for UI changes to be made. It’s out of my league.

Several of us want to say ‘Yes’ to ‘All the things’ but the truth is it’s untenable to make uncommon variants a priority.

I’ll gather up what I can and file it for when it comes to the top. It’s currently unscheduled and there is no ETA.

Dear brother John,

I’m sorry to get this news. Your team has made really great software. I wish I could use Lightburn. I’m 54 so I don’t have much time :slight_smile: I hope your to-do list goes fast. :slight_smile:

Anyway, thank you very much for your interest and concern. Please convey my regards to the entire team. If you happen to be in Istanbul one day, be sure to contact me, I would like to eat “Kebap” with you.

Stay happy stay healthy.

3 Likes

For the record, we would all like to enjoy Kebap with you as well. Thank you for your kind words.

2 Likes

Kebabs are ready, all you have to do is come :slight_smile: Don’t look at my smile, I’m serious.

“I’m 54 so I don’t have much time” I’m 80 years old and I think I still have plenty of time! Unless you have some life-threatening illnesses why are you thinking that way? Be happy for every day! Just my thoughts “kid”!

1 Like

My dear elder Ronald Mac Kool, I respectfully greet you. It is very kind and humane of you to read my article and reply to me and try to help me. Thank you.

Of course, living is a good thing. But there is suffering all over the world. I’m constantly witnessing and I can’t do anything for them! I am one of the billions of slaves of the capitalist system. I am constantly struggling to stay afloat. The world in its current state has really tired me out, I am mentally and physically tired.

I am now 54 years old and not as connected to the world as I used to be. And I thank God for creating hell on the day of judgment. It may seem strange to you, but this situation I am in does not make me unhappy, I do not break away from life. I think I’ve figured out the purpose of the world’s creation. My perceptions have taught me to see the world in a different way. In this context, Death is not a bad thing at all. Of course that doesn’t mean I want to die :slight_smile:

I don’t know English. If I wrote nonsense sentences above, the fault of this is that I am ignorant of the language.

All in all;
If you’re happy, I’ll be really happy for you too. I wish everyone could be happy. And if every person could make those around them happy.

I wish you and your family many years of health and happiness.

1 Like

Your English seems perfectly serviceable my friend. Words of Life and Death are quite outside the scope of the forum. Forgive me for saying so; subject matter of this intensity is considered bold and would likely be viewed as impolite or an imposition.

That said, I understand the world is large, beautiful and complex. There are cultural differences that I won’t grow to understand in my lifetime. I will not serve an official warning here. I will continue to marvel at the differences. :slight_smile:

And us to you, friend.

1 Like

Dear friend,

Did I understand correctly that discussing the “one truth” of life is considered uncomfortable in your culture? That’s truly intriguing… I apologize for unintentionally putting you in a difficult position.

If it weren’t for our differences, you wouldn’t be you, and I wouldn’t be me. In fact, having “differences” among beliefs and thoughts is something valuable. Without the generation of diverse ideas, humanity wouldn’t progress. In this context, every idea holds value. If there weren’t differences among cultures, everything would be monotonous. We wouldn’t have anything to learn from one another.

With warm regards…"

1 Like

That is not what @JohnJohn said. He said this is a Lightburn Software forum. Surely you can find another forum more appropriate to your message.

1 Like