User Introductions

• Laser owned: Voccell DLS 50 - delivered May 2017. (Machine is due for an overhaul.)
  • LightBurn Experience: I helped Lightburn get support for the Voccell working in Jan 2018, and I’ve been using LightBurn since.
  • Principle Use: I use my laser for production, hobby and teaching. I teach Fusion 360 CAD and advanced laser cutting techniques.
  • Amount of experience with laser: Before I had my own laser I spent a year using the 4x3 ft laser cutter at our local makerspace – Chimera Arts.
  • Other computer controlled equipment: I’ve had a Taig desktop milling machine with a Flashcut CNC controller for about 15 years. Also I’ve been working on refurbishing a 4x4 CNC router at Chimera to make it more accessible for the general membership.
  • Web Based Store: Microcarpentry.com Specific products are available on Etsy, Amazon and Amazon Handmade.
  • My blog on laser cutting: https://microcarpentry.blogspot.com/
  • Laser portfolio

Howdy Neighbor!
I’m in Guerneville.

I lived in Petaluma from 2006 to 2016. (waves from the East coast)

Hi everyone!

1. Location - San jose, CA
  2. Laser owned - KeHui K40 Chinese laser cutter with a Cohesion3D controller board
  3. LightBurn Experience - Just learning about it. My previous laser experience was with CorelDraw
  4. Principle Use - Hobby for now, but cutting jewelry and other hand made products is my end goal.
  5. Amount of experience with laser - I worked with a 50W CO2 laser for a couple years a decade ago but that was a decade ago lol, so I’m starting fresh.
  6. Other computer controlled equipment - No CNC experience myself.
  7. Web Based Store - tessink.com (No laser cut items yet, and the site is under construction for now)
1 Like

Welcome
I also came from Corel / RD works to LightBurn, I find after a couple of months I now use LB for more then 95% of my laser work. If you really want to get blown away by the capability of LB get their camera some day it is a game changer.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Ruida controller issues

1. Tampa, FL
  2. Thunder Nova24, it’s on the way!!!
  3. LightBurn Experience - 12 days
  4. Hobby with goal a side hustle :smiley:
  5. Amount of experience with laser: Nada, none,zilch
  6. Cameo user for a long long time
  7. Web Based Store? Not yet
1 Like

Nice work and thank you for sharing, beautiful pieces you have featured.

I also have a nova 24 and I am sure you will love it

Location Hazelwood, MO
Laser owned Aufero 2, just bought
LightBurn Experience Just started banging my head against a wall :smirk:
Principle Use Hobby, possible production
Amount of experience with laser This is all new  
Web Based Store Not yet, will be coming and running out of Ko-Fi likely with a custom URL

Just getting started with a ‘free’ laser, free as in a ½ off coupon and 175 Discover card points to pay for it. Let me tell you, 2 watts is not a lot of power, and a possible project this weekend is going to require turning up the power to likely 40 or 50% and getting under 2K for speed. Aside from that, now that we have things running, it’s all good, had to give up on getting Arch to work with it.

Not sure it’ll become a full time business, but we do expect to sell a few things here and there, and have hired two artists so I can offer unique items. Nice thing about being in fandoms, hobby artists that work at lower rates than commercial professional artists.

Not much else to tell than that.

G’day. I’m Mark from Melbourne, Australia.

I’ve got an 80W CO2 RedSail 700x500mm, blue & white case, Ruida controller, anonymous UI panel.

I mainly use LB to generate RD files from DXF exported from ProgeCAD, an AutoCAD clone. I really should explore LB’s features more, but I have a long history with ACAD.

It’s a hobby slash creative outlet. She Who Must Be Obeyed would like it to make some money at some stage.

This is my first LASER (sorry but I have to capitalise it - it’s a bloody acronym after all), but 25 years of professional embedded engineering involved a variety of CAM/CNC hardware and PID control software development.

I’m an embedded tinkerer these days, but right now I’m toying with the idea of LASER cutting a hobby CNC router. Out of wood? Yeah, why not!

No etsy yet. Maybe a puzzle box store one day?

Laser owned: FoxAlien Reizer, 2022 (2 days ago)

LightBurn Experience: I have been using it for about 4 hours so far. Really impressed with how intuitive it is and it complements my CNC software from Carbide3D nicely.

Principle Use: Hobby/Part time production. Mostly purchased to help with CNC woodworking business which is also mostly a hobby.

Amount of experience with laser: 0

Other computer controlled equipment: I have a Shapeoko 3 XL that I purchased a little over a year ago and have been using to make custom cribbage boards as well as some signs and other small projects.

Web Based Store: Yes but really minimal at this point. MapleCreekWoodWrk | Etsy Canada

1 Like
  1. Location: Wisconsin, USA
  2. Laser owned: LC-60A with a 14 Jtech Diode
  3. LightBurn Experience : About 2 years on light burn. Came over from CNC world.
  4. Principle Use: Side buissness and Hobbiest
  5. Amount of experience with laser: The Jtech had less than 2 months on it. But the rest of experience is on K40 and other small Chinese diode laser machines.
  6. Other computer controlled equipment: I have run multiple cnc’s on GRBL based boards. I had a Maslow 4’x8’, a Custom 500W 17"x8" and a 3018.
2 Likes
  1. Location: Overton, Texas
  2. Laser owned: Neje 2S, new purchase
  3. LightBurn Experience: Just learning
  4. Principle Use: Hobby for now, with hopes of starting a home business
  5. Amount of experience with laser: very little
  6. Other computer controlled equipment: none
  7. Web Based Store: maybe later after upgrading to a CO2 laser
1 Like

Hello, All
Seattle
Just put $$ down for assembly/ shipping 60W M7 w/ 175 and 300mm lens, rotary
Watching lots of laser videos
Hobby use- machining and gunsmithing
Zero experience
Lots of mill and lathe experience, cerakoting, ACAD, Photoshop, been saving/ watching for a while now pulled the trigger a few days ago.
Getting lightburn when galvo support version is released and laser actually in hand.
Question, where does one find parameters? See lots of videos with cool effects, are parameters a trade secret or freely shared?

Hi,

I’m in the middle of the UK. I’ve been making stuff all my life. Recently bought a 3018 CNC / laser and a few weeks later bought an ortur aufero 2.

Got them primarily for doing bits on guitar builds but can see me using them for much more, addicted already! :joy:

I’m Moose from a small shore community in NJ.

I have an Xtool D1 (5w version) that I bought about a week and a half ago.

I have about 5 days of Lightburn experience but I have experience in graphic design and a background in software development and electronic design. Needless to say I’m learning. I have no laser experience prior to the D1. I have done a lot of things with my Cricut machine, including some light wood cutting and metal engraving.

This is for hobby/therapy use. I had an accident 15 years ago that left me permanently disabled. Art of different types is my go to therapy.

I have a YouTube channel with a few drone videos and a video on etching metal with a battery and salt water. I think I’m up to 10 or 11 people following my YouTube channel. (Woo Hoo!) Anything I use I have to buy because there’s nobody sending me lasers to test. Not enough followers. Maybe 1 or 2 more and the lasers will come pouring in… I wish.

I’m a social person and love the outdoors, camping, RVing, etc. I’ll talk to anyone so ask me pretty much anything.

1 Like

I’m Bob and live in Corsicana, Texas and I am retired.
I own an OMtech 60-watt Blue C02 Laser I Purchased January 2021.
I have been using LightBurn or 7 months.
I have small business I am trying to use it for, but also hobby.
My exsperience with the Laser is 7 months.
I have a Shark HD510 CNC Router I have had for 2 years and use VCarve Pro software.
No website except my FB/Instagram page and No web-based store.

1 Like

Hi,

I am Joe living in Johannesburg South Africa.

I just bought my first laser engraver (Ortur Laser Master 3) and received it 2 days ago.

I am an absolute beginner with Lightburn and is using it for the first time. I am eager to learn this software and look forward to the challenge.

I have never worked with a laser engraver in my life but I do have some knowledge of 3D printing as I own 3 3D printers.

I am using my Dell Inspiron with Windows desktop PC to create.

Please din’t get upset with me if I ask “rediculous” questions.

Joe

Welcome and no guarantee. It will depend on how “ridiculous”. Kidding! We all get started somewhere. It is fine. We are here to assist along the journey, so please do not hesitate.

Documentation can be found here:

And we also offer video learning on our YouTube channel, found here: