User Introductions

1. Location (Wanganui, New Zealand)
  2. Laser owned (Chinese 5.5w Diode, 500mm x 500mm bought 2019)
  3. LightBurn Experience (Been using T2 for about 4-5 months and just switched to LB)
  4. Principle Use (Hobby. 6 yrs to retirement so I can go full time. :star_struck: )
  5. Amount of experience with laser ( about 5 months)
  6. Other computer controlled equipment (Don’t own any but have been programming and operating CNC’s for about 12yrs)
  7. Web Based Store (No, but have a library of wood & laser projects I’ve done over the last couple of years. Wheelz Woodshop)
1 Like

Hey Pete,

I’m in Marton.

Bonjour Bo,

Just down the road and round the corner, Haha.

Be nice to catch up some day.

Yep.

We’re actually in P.N. right now - don’t move to Marton till after Xmas. So close, but no cigar :slight_smile:

All my laser gear and CNC, etc. are in a container

I’ve got a few diodes too, including a machine I designed from the ground up to use for playing with paper. Hardly touch them nowadays.

Will be setting up a permanent laser workshop with woodworking sideline, when I actually get moved in.

Sounds like we have similar interests. I like to make “small stuff” in my garage with timber and, more recently, laser. Wheelz Woodshop

2 Likes

Hi
My name is Al
I live in Taylor Michigan
I own a 60W Chinese that has been described to me as a 750 clone.
I’ve had it for about a year and a half
I just started using LB
I use it for a part time business
I have about 5 years using an Epilog at a makers space but now I own my own.
I have done some cnc in the past

1 Like

1- Thomasville NC
2-K40 bought a couple years ago and purchased the Cohesion3d board back then but never got it installed, so here to try and figure it out,
3-Zero LB Exp.
4-Hobby
5-Little
6- Have cnc mill and a carvewright
7- www.ncwoodturningtools.com

2 Likes

Have you thought about the Cohesion3D forum for that?

Laser: Trocen-AWC, a part of Victoria Makerspace
LightBurn Experience: just started
Principle Use: Hobby
Amount of experience with laser: a few years of very intermittent use with LaserCAD

1 Like

Hi there

My name is Cornél

1. I live in Cape Town, South Africa
  2. Perfect Laser (Ruida 644XS, Co2, 600 x 900, 100 Watt, Purchased mid 2017)
  3. LightBurn Experience - I have been using Lightburn since 2018-02-02
  4. Principle Use - a Hobby that became a Part Time job (word of mouth)
  5. Amount of experience with laser - Very experienced (self taught, trial and error, lots and lots of research)
  6. Other computer controlled equipment - CNC as a hobby - only 300 x 400 size
  7. Web Based Store - No
1 Like

Hi,
Here is some info:

I live in Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada

I have two lasers. One is a 5 watt that came with my AleksMaker A3, and the other is my JTech Photonics 4.2 watt that I have mounted on my CNC router table. I bought both lasers about a year ago

My LightBurn Experience is really limited considering I just started using it yesterday :slight_smile: So far it’s a great program with many familiar features

I’ve been involved with the CNC world for about seven years and do things mostly for hobby enjoyment along with some practical builds/repairs around home.

I currently own four CNC based machines

• 5x10 router table, 2.5kw spindle, CNC Routerparts CRP800 electronics
  • 5x5 plasma table, hypertherm Powermax 45, C&CNC auto THC control package
  • 36" RedSail plotter for decal work
  • 2x2 AleksMaker A3, uses Arduino Nano with GRBL 1.1h

Software:

• Vectric Aspire, V-CarvePro
  • JTech PicLaser
  • Lightburn
  • Benbox (only to flash my Arduino)
  • SheetCam
  • Meshcam
  • Inkscape
  • Powerpoint for lots of simpler design work

Happy to be here !
Web Based Store (Yes/No maybe the URL?)

1 Like

Greetings to the group.

1 - Springfield, Missouri
2 - Chinese 100-watt (Reci W2 tube so more likely 90-watt) - awaiting arrival
3 - Been using Lightburn with diode lasers for about 6 months
4 - Hobby/Part-Time Production
5 - Been using diode lasers for about 6 months
6 - CNC router (Just sold my CNC Router Parts Benchtop Pro2436 to buy the new laser, replaced it with a teeny tiny Chinese machine)
7 - BullfrogBladeworks.com (under construction)

1 Like

Based in the U.K.
No previous laser cutting experience.
Owner of what must rate as the dirtiest 50w laser known to man or beast. Four days of cleaning,and we are about to see the light.
Cnc machinist,self employed. Have a couple of cnc mills,24 tool toolchanger etc. Production lathe with 12 tool turret. New to me 4 axis lathe with live tooling,10 tool turret and 12 tool toolchanger. Need to get that up and running early next year.

2 Likes

Knowing CNC you’re halfway there.

Keep notes :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi

My name is Alan

1. I live in Surrey, England
  2. Thunder Laser Nova 24 ( 600 x 400, 60 Watt, Purchased May 2018)
  3. LightBurn Experience - I have been using Lightburn since 2018
  4. Principle Use - a Hobby that became a Part Time job selling through facebook
  5. Amount of experience with laser - Had an emblaster 2 in 2017 to start with for just my hobby but had many issues with it so was return and brought a C02 laser instead.
  6. Other computer controlled equipment - a couple of 3d printers. Looking into a small cnc machine as well.
1 Like

I also built a mechmate, number 52 and my brother built on he was number 25. Small world! I do like that laser, I also sold my mechmate because I didnt use it much. Now have a cnc plasma with is fun, I am more of a metal guy. Future is the Boss co2 metal cutting laser.

1 Like
  1. Orting, WA
  2. Two: Glowforge Basic (Dec 2019), Ortur 15W “Master” Laser (Jan 2020)
  3. LightBurn Experience Just learning about it, great interface and tutorials
  4. Full time production along with custom apparel and sublimation
  5. Good amount in 3 weeks with the Glowforge - EASY, Ortur :unamused: 
two successful cuts and then had to swap a motor for the rotary to work.
  6. Graphtec, Sawgrass SG800, Oki Laser
  7. YEP! www.newcreationsbyjen.com

Happy to be here but frustrated with something apparently above my brain power :unamused:

1 Like

Hello everyone!

1. Raleigh NC
  2. Engravinator Mk1, 2019
  3. Adam, the creator of the Engravinator, spoke very highly of LightBurn so I gave it a shot and am very pleased. So far it’s been excellent.
  4. Hobby. I have only scratched the surface (:roll_eyes:) but the main uses I have in mind are adorning household items, etching generative art, and creating gifts for family and friends.
  5. I just finished building the Engravinator about a week ago, so not much experience yet.
  6. None. I have a Prusa Mini in the mail but that’s it.
  7. It’s not a store, but my personal blog/portfolio is clayto.com. I post there about graphics, games, and perhaps soon, lasers.
2 Likes

My name is Björn, live in Heythuysen/Limburg - Netherlands.
I have used the Mr. Beam II for several years now and it frustrated the hell out of me many times.
So last week I decided to purchase a 50w chinese brand CO2 laser with a Ruida controller and give that a go.
So my Lightburn Experience is one week? I didn’t use any software provided.
I use the machine mainly for part time production purposes, to engrave leather.
The total experience is maybe 3 years experience with lasers, altho I shouldn’t count the years spent using a Mr. Beam 2.
I also own the Ultimaker 2+, also a great machine!

Url to my websites:

Quick note on Lightburn:
Almost no learning curve!
It is a very intuĂŻtive piece of software.
am using it for a few days now and I am hooked!
Connected the laser through USB and LAN, and I could produce great results very fast with it.
Layers work great and I love how one can name a layer and save those settings across the different projects so once you found the perfect setting for a material it will be loaded just by adding it to one of those layers.
The import function is awesome
 it does force me to make tidier images in Illustrator or Inkscape
 but that is for the better anyway :wink:

Awsome! Awesome!

1 Like

Hi everyone!

1. Sydney, Australia
  2. 80w Red/black - feb '20
  3. Currently had about 7 days experience, but had extensive Illustrator use so easy transition.
  4. Mainly purchased to manufacture UV printer jiggs, however as I get more comfortable with the machine more ideas are coming!
  5. None!
  6. Roland UV Printer. Rest are wood working machines
2 Likes