Version 1.0 - MacOS issues with Ruida

LightBurnLog.txt (69.2 KB)

LightBurnLog.txt (50.1 KB)

This is very strange. Stephanie - Your log file looks fine. It appears the laser is communicating as expected, responding the way it should, and everything ends correctly in the file.

Angelica - Yours looks like the machine has just stopped talking to you after the file is sent. If you look at the controller screen, is the timer running or anything?

Do either of you have lots of files hosted on the laser itself that could be an issue?

I had 4 files in my laser which I deleted and it’s still doing the same thing.

I honestly can’t say why it’s doing this. My own Macs are working correctly, and files send and run as expected.

As I mentioned before, we’ve always had issues with MacOS and USB connections to Ruida controllers - not all users experience this, and not all versions, but I’ve never been able to figure out what the cause is. The chip used by Ruida controllers (FTDI) has a driver that conflicts with the one supplied by Apple, and that can cause weird issues. If you’re using a USB hub or USB-C to A converter, sometimes those are the problem, and just unplugging and trying a different USB port can help.

Ultimately, the most reliable option is to buy the USB to Ethernet adapter from Apple ($30) and connect a network cable directly from the Mac to the laser.

There are two links in this thread - one here, and one above it:

Those have helped others in the past, but again, it’s kind of hit & miss.

I decided to try downloading the previous version of lightburn and now it’s working fine again.

1 Like

For clarity, which version? Still connecting via USB, correct? :slight_smile:

9.24 using usb

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Mini Gerbil Issue on Windows 10 with LightBurn 1.0

Hi there.
This issue is happening to me also.
Mac BigSur OS 1.5 (20G71)
Updated to 1.0 and stoped working.
Same simpthoms as described in this thread.
Only one thing to add. When I send for example just a square, it works fine, if I send something a bit more “heavy”, it just does not move, Frame always work.
I guess I will go back to previous version.

Saludos, Jack.

Can you folks try this version?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cIsjUOFTHN_A0FX2V-y40sXMsUNNKMRo/view?usp=sharing

My Mac is connected over Ethernet to my laseer and have the same problem. I downloaded an older version but sometimes it cut and sometimes not. I still can’t figure out why. It seems the moment I multiply the columns of rows the laser doesn’t recognise it.

While it may appear to be the same, it is not. This post is addressing issues with Macs communicating over USB to a Ruida control system. Your setup is different.

When you say you are now using an earlier version of LightBurn, which version? Have you previously been successful using LightBurn with this laser system? What do you mean, exactly, when saying, “sometimes it cut and sometimes not.”? What is the flow or process you are using when you see failure? How are you providing the job, ‘Start’ or ‘Send’?

I believe I’ve got this sorted - I was finally able to get the issue to occur on a dev system with enough repeatability to be useful, and I think I’ve isolated the actual cause and fixed it.

@Judyrie, @JackRider, @Born2BlossomDesigns, @bluebellpaper

Can you try this version and let me know if it also works for you?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/16xb5NPplnw3ir42cAc62y3d9hI1FJVP-/view?usp=sharing

1 Like

Thank you for the link. I tested it and it seems everything is now working fine with this version. I really appreciate it.

Everything looks good except for the frames… Sometime the machine do the frame correctly, and sometimes the frame path stop in the middle. MAC (Catalina) with Ruida.

Is this version different then the last posted one above?

Me too… I have been using Lightburn on Mac for right at 2 years no connection issues until V1.0

Hopefully a little info I have gathered may help to solve it.

First I can talk to the laser one time (start) and it acts like it worked, no errors but the laser does nothing. If I then start job again it says laser not connected or busy. If I reset the laser I can again talk to it one time. Also I can “get position” anytime and it appears to be working.

So, Lightburn is connected to the laser but there is a communication issue. Also when I hit “update overlay” it does nothing (this is after sending the first “start”.

But like I said the “get position” does work. So I went back to the previous version and everything works as it should. There is definitely an issue with the V1.0 and communication. I am also on the facebook Lightburn forum and I have seen a lot of others having issues though I think most of them were Windows users.

Ruida Controller. Mac (latest OS).

There is no official Facebook LightBurn group, so those users should come here, or email us.

There is a version posted in this thread above that you can try:

There was a definite issue found and corrected there, and we should be releasing a patch shortly, I just want to have a few users verify that this is working for them.