xTool D1 Not recognized in Ubuntu 22.04

I am having trouble getting the xTool D1 to be recognized on Ubuntu 22.04. Things I have done so far:

• Updated the xTool D1 Firmware to 40.30.002.01 B1 (using Windows 11).
  • Confirmed everything works as expected on Windows 11.
  • Added myself to the “dialout” group on Ubuntu.
  • Confirm lsusb shows an additional entry “Bus 001 Device 009: ID 1a86:7523 QinHeng Electronics CH340 serial converter” when I plug in laser.
  • Tried running LightBurn as root to see if it works. It does not.

I do not get a new /dev/ttyUSB0 file descriptor when plugging in the laser. I did a diff of the whole /dev directory before and after plugging it in and there are no changes. I suspect this is the main culprit here, but not really sure where to go from here.

Take a look at this post and see if it correlates to what you’re seeing:

1 Like

This was it, thank you very much! There was in fact another entry in /usr/lib/udev/rules.d/85-brltty.rules that referenced the same device ID as the laser, 1A86:7523. Commenting out that line, then restarting the system worked for me.

Some more clear instructions for future people finding this page:

1. I noticed when plugging in the laser to my PC, running lsusb would add an entry for “Bus 001 Device 006: ID 1a86:7523 QinHeng Electronics CH340 serial converter”. Jot down the device ID: “1a86:7523”.
  2. Run the following grep to see if there are any udev rules for the same device id. grep -riIn "1a86:7523" /usr/lib/udev/rules.d/*
  3. If any results appear in the above grep, open that file as root and comment out the offending line.
  4. Reboot the system, and try the laser.
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.