Xtool D1 now supports lightburn

The connectivity issue was solved by updating my Lightburn software to the current release. Now I have a new issue. The D1 is burning everything in a mirror image of how it should.

What is your machine origin in Edit->Device Settings? I believe the D1 is supposed to be set to upper-left but not sure.

Did you setup your device using the .lbdev file from Xtool? That would give you the correct machine origin.

https://support.xtool.com/hc/article_attachments/4414379634455/xTool_D1.lbdev

I did that. I’ve tried using upper left, bottom left, and bottom right as origin. Same issue at each.

Same issue? It should be different with every change. Can you confirm that you used the .lbdev file from the download link?

I did use that file. I’ve got it figured out now. My LB files were all designed with the lower left being the origin. With the D1, the upper left needs to be the origin. If I flip the image around after loading it it will engrave properly. Would be nice if I could just change the D1’s origin so I don’t have to do this for all my files. Now I have 3 lasers, 2 with lower left origins and the D1 with upper left. That’s going to be real fun constantly changing the origin on the computer I do the design work on.

Has anyone heard an update about when they releasing firmware updates 1.2.0 and 1.3.0? Its been talked about for several weeks now and nothing. I’m getting tired of playing Russian roulette.

2 Likes

Would love to get an update as well

Has anyone else had this happen? I’ve been on the latest firmware since it came out. I check for updates about once a week and normally it says I’m up to date, but today I got this message saying I’m running V0. It even let me reflash the firmware.

I’m curious if things are getting any better. I have faith that the outstanding issues with LightBurn and the XTool will get sorted, so I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the 10W D1 (caught it on a sale, couldn’t resist!). It will be quite an improvement over the 5W5 on my 3018.

Testing with new firmware today (v40, will add full # later)
So far so good. [edit: Not good at all, new problems]
I have burned 4 grids so far, and have not lost alignment. That didn’t happen with old firmware

[EDIT: I was wrong, lead out on cuts always happening. this could be an issue…] My first 2 burns of a test grid I had “lead in / lead” out turned off, but it added a lead out line anyway. I turned it on at 0 length, only on one layer.
It appears to have resolved the setting globally, will update after more testing.

It is also not over scanning now, so the edges get burned strangely. Can’t seem to force this, let me know if anyone knows how.

1 Like

Nice. I don’t suppose you’re now able to make GRBL changes?

That is a big negative unfortunately.

Thanks for reminding me, I forgot to mention that.
It was the first thing I tried, even though they told me they wouldn’t be adding that functionality.
They told the truth :laughing:

+1 for not lying I guess?

1 Like

I am so excited to not have to flatten EVERYTHING I do (after duplicating it if I remember so I can go back to edit if needed, then flatten again.) I’m going to do more testing before calling this a solution prematurely.

I was incorrect. I believe the issue in the picture was “overcut” not “lead out”
That is good, I was starting to lose my mind. Not sure why it became an issue now when it never was before, but glad to know what it is. (I think :crossed_fingers:)

Disregard :point_down:

More details on my ongoing saga in thread below

I am playing with giving lightburn a tiny lenght instead of 0 for the lead in/out, that seams to be mitigating this.

This is odd if true. Overcut should literally go over the same burned spot. It shouldn’t take a new route… Overcut is useful if you need a little extra help cutting through the start/end point.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.