xTool S1 and Lightburn

Are you using the same air assist solution for both? That seems like a big potential difference.

What was your venting situation with the Creality?

They both have their own air assist systems but I have tried adjusting the speed of the S1 Air assist amongst the 4 levels and only minor difference.

I had a hood tent with small exhaust fan in the creality. I think the fan in the xtool is alot stronger though because you can see the smoke immediately head towards the vent in the xtool case.

Ive been getting the same smoke staining isues with my S1 40w, i honestly don’t think the auto air assist is putting out enough air.

It looks like the smoke is getting forcefully deposited onto the surface. Try disabling or minimizing air assist while maximizing ventilation across the top surface to evacuate out smoke as quickly and smoothly as possible.

Ohh i see, less is more. I shall try that.
Thanks for the info.

@JohnJohn gibt es bereits Neuigkeiten im Zusammenspiel vom xTool S1 und Lightburn?

Gruß Nico

@JohnJohn is there any news about the interaction between xTool S1 and Lightburn?

Greetings Nico

We have an alpha version in test with a small group right now that is looking very promising. Here It corrects issues with Jogging, probing, Multi-layer problems (the triangle issue and air assist) and many other issues.

Once we have a some more testing we will release it to a beta in the near future.

1 Like

Ohh this is good news, well done to all involved. Looking forward to the update.

1 Like

Any chance that includes WiFi?

Wifi no not at this time.

Vielen Dank für die Info!

Beinhaltet die neue Beta Version (1.5.02) die Behebung der Fehler?

Seit neustem kann ich bei meinem S1 nicht mehr das Infrarot-Fadenkreuz verwenden, da der Zeigerversatz leider nicht mehr funktioniert, egal was ich einstelle, besteht dieses Problem schon und ist dieses bekannt?

Thanks for the info!

Does the new beta version (1.5.02) include the bug fix?

Recently I can no longer use the infrared crosshair on my S1 because the pointer offset no longer works, no matter what I set. Does this problem already exist and is it known?

1.5.02 will not include this. It will be in 1.6. We are close-ish to a beta on this.

Are you using the red dot offset in Device Settings? That is how I have been setting it up and not using the xTool macro.

Idiot question but what is the xtool macro?

I’m not entirely sure how it works but xTool stores the crosshair offset using that command. Its a button that is included if you setup your device using their .lbdev file.

My crosshair offset is done in Device settings here:

Ja genau, in den Einstellungen von Lightburn, leider wird dieser neuerdings nicht mehr beachtet.

Yes, exactly, in the Lightburn settings, unfortunately this is no longer taken into account.

So you you are saying the red dot offset no longer works? Interesting. What version of firmware is on your S1.

You can find it in XCS or in the print out at connection in the Console.

Zum Glück klappt der Versatz wieder normal, keine Ahnung was da schief gelaufen ist.

Kann man schon sagen wann die Beta für 1.6 kommen wird? Meine Partnerin und ich arbeiten mit dem xtool S1 in unserem Kleingewerbe und sind auf den Laser angewiesen, was die Nutzung aktuell noch ziemlich schwierig macht.

Luckily the offset works normally again, I have no idea what went wrong.

Can you already say when the beta for 1.6 will come? My partner and I work with the xtool S1 in our small business and are dependent on the laser, which currently makes it quite difficult to use.

How would one find out when a release is made that improves the S1 support? Can I subscribe to something?

All releases are accompanied with notes that indicate what has changed. Something that would be as big as machine specific changes would likely be reflected there.

Hello all, how close are we to an update for the xTool S1?
Thanks.