Weird dots all over my engraving

Just a stupid idea,

But is your laser beam clearing the nozzle tip completely. Do you still get the dots without using the tip of the nozzle?

Does yours exhibit the same results when you scan in only one direction… in the past it seems like this shows up as the ‘weird dots’ all to one side, lee side, of the engraving…

It might also be related to below a certain power level.

Good luck

:smile_cat:

Hi Jack, greetings and thanks for replying. exactly, I have done an analysis and with less than 30% of power they begin to come out, from 30% of power onwards they do not appear, in fact if I leave the press button pressed to send lightning manually below 30% my amp meter is not stable, above 30% if it is stable. I do not know if it is possible for us to talk for a more direct contact in which I can send videos or make video calls.

1 Like

hi Daniel, yes the laser beam is completly clean.

only THE RANDOM appear when using powers below 30%.

1 Like

Sounds like something going on with the lps… I doubt it’s the pwm, as it runs all the time a layer is running the only signal that controls the lps is the L-On signal. It’s active low and I doubt it’s being ‘pulled down’, especially since it’s on ‘low’ power this occurs.

If your mA meter is not consistent at 30% or less, then I’d guess it’s how the tube is reacting… Many have replaced all the parts from the controller to the tube and still have the issue.

My tube fires at a lower pwm setting at cooler temperatures that it does when it warms up…

Good luck…

Sorry, can you help me with the Ips? where can I find it to configure?

the strange thing is that it just started to happen, and the machine is 2 years old

Sorry, what I was saying is that it seems to happen at lower power settings, not that an lps would fix it or not.

Most of us are wondering what’s causing this. I’d advise using it above the 30% level… don’t know what else to advise…

Sorry…

thank´s for your help. God Bless you

hello Jack, I HAVE A SOLUTION. IS INCREDIBLE

hello Mark, How are you? I HAVE A SOLUTION. IS INCREDIBLE.

Did somebody find the solution about the weird dots on the engraving, I have same problem but I wasn’t able to find the solution at this forum

hi.! sorry did you find the solution to your problem about the dots? same problem with my machine and I’m desperate

Santiago son de Colombia tambien. tengo el mismo problema de los puntos, pudo solucionar su problema?

Did you tell anyone what it was ?

Or was it something super simple like replace the machine :rofl:

I think @ednisley was able to catch his lps firing when it shouldn’t.

I don’t think it was really resolved as a ‘fix’.

But, if it’s firing when the signals say it shouldn’t, the lps is broken … That’s simple deduction.

Not a solution, but an explanation based on measurements:

TL;DR: the HV power supply occasionally burps out a random pulse that fires the laser tube, despite being disabled by its L-ON input signal.

Although I saw this on only two power supplies, the symptoms seem common to all of them, if only because all CO₂ HV power supplies are pretty much the same inside.

Could you share the solution please…!!!

what you mean with IPS? sorry I don’t know too much about components.

I have never seen this on my machine…

@ednisley if I gave you a ttl AND gate and it had output was not an AND function, you’d label it broken and replace it.

No difference for the lps, the input signal tells it not to fire and it’s firing. I call that broken… there are thousands of these out there that people use and they work correctly.